Chapter 15: Jackson's In Trouble

Chapter 15

"Dig in guys," Joe smiled as Ana offered him a bite of her pasta. Joe took the bite, chewing and eating.

" Mmmm," he said enjoying it.

"It's very good..." she said.

Joe picked up his fork for his own food.

"Enjoying your food?" She asked Sofia.

" Yes Mommy," Sofia said.

"Good girl eat your noodles..." Ana smiled. She had bolognese.

Sofia used the fork to eat her food. She ate quietly.

"She's such a good girl," joe smiled, "you've raised her so well!"

" Thank you," Ana said with a smile," she's great."

"She's pretty perfect..." joe said kissing Sofia's temple.

Ana smiled," she's like you. Of course she's perfect," she said. " Everyone else enjoying their meal?"

"Yes. It's very good," Kira said

Ana smiled and they all ate their meals as they discussed plans for next week after the kids returned from their moms.

They wanted to see Sofia on Tuesday after school. Joe and Ana agreed. After dinner joe hugged Sofia and then kissed Ana goodbye. Ana kissed him back. The kids hugged Sofia. Then Ana and Sofia went to Ana's car. Joe took the three to his car.

"You seem... different with her dad," Rhys said.

" That's because it's different with her," Joe said gently. They got into the car.

"I can see that..." he said softly

" Does it bother you bud? Because that's the way a relationship is supposed to be," he said.

"No, it just, it makes sense why you didn't stay with mom I have never seen you this way.... kissing in public and all smiley..." Rhys responded

"Yeah. I haven't had the chance to be that way til I was with Ana," he said.

"I like her!" Rhys said, Griff and Kira, nodding in agreement.

"I'm so glad guys. She likes you all too," he said as he drove towards home.

"And our sister is super cute," Rhys smiled. This wouldn't be so bad. Dad seemed very happy, and that's all that mattered to Rhys. His mom on the other hand she always seemed miserable.

"Sofia is definitely a doll," Joe agreed with a smile. Things were getting so much better now. He couldn't wait to tell Ana.

~~~*

Jennifer had been taking tests off and on for a month or so hoping they'd be positive but they were continually negative. She was wondering if she was getting too old to have another baby.

They were on the road now. It was June. The kids were having a blast together.

"Jen, you alright in there?" Jordan asked.

" I'll be out in a few," Jen called back to him.

"Another negative test babe?" He asked gently

"Yes," she said sadly. She really wanted another baby, it had to be possible.

"I'm sorry sweetie, maybe my swimmers are slow... we could get tests done.. if you wish..." he said softly.

" I think we might need to get the tests done so we can figure this out," she said softly.