Chapter 11: Meeting Sofia

Chapter 11

Joe sighed softly and didn't know what to say. He didn't want to force Rhys to talk about any of this.

"He'll work out his feelings," Griffin said quietly.

"He's really upset, I can see that. I just wish I could explain it better to him," Joe said.

" It's not perfect Dad, but no one is. I don't blame anyone for this, it's just difficult for us," he said.

"I know and that's what I hate about this, but I just don't want you guys seeing us fight, or being unhappy..." joe said.

" I think Rhys just wants you back together with Mom because it's all he knows," he said.

"Probably, but you understand don't you Griff?" Joe asked

" I know fighting with Mom wasn't good. If this fixes things, then it's for the best," he said.

"Thanks, bud," Joe smiled, and hugged his son. he was getting so big and so mature for his age.

"You're welcome Dad," he said returning the hug.

"So ask your siblings what they want for dinner, please," he said to Griffin.

"Okay..." he snickered and headed up to Rhys.

Griffin knocked on Rhys's door," Hey Rhys. Dad wants to know what we want for dinner tonight," he called out to his brother.

"I'm not hungry..." he said.

"You will be by dinner time," Griffin said gently.

"Whatever he wants..." Rhys replied.

" Alright," Griffin said and went back downstairs where Kira was helping Joe in the kitchen. " Rhys says whatever."

"So what do you two want then?" Joe asked them.

"Spaghetti with meatballs," Kira said.

"Sure, we can do that," Joe said.

"Oh yeah! Spaghetti!" Griff said.

"I'll get dinner cooking," Joe said taking the noodles out and ingredients for meatballs out of the freezer and pantry. He started on the meatballs first.

"Daddy, can I help?" Kira smiled.

"Of course," Joe said with a smile," I'd love the help."

"Can I roll the meatballs?" She giggled

"Yes that would be great," he said with a smile. He finished mixing the meatballs and went to wash his hands, Kira went to the counter and started rolling the meatballs.

"I like cooking with you," Kira smiled

" I love it when my kids help me in the kitchen," Joe said with a smile.

"Can i make the sauce Dad?" Griffin asked.

"Sure go ahead," he said.

Griff smiled and got things ready to put together!!

He chopped up the tomatoes and put them in a pot on the stove. He added garlic cloves and onions. He started cooking the marinara sauce, added carrots.

"Looks good Griff," Joe said.

"Thanks, Dad," Griffin said.

"Dad, what is Sofia like?" Kira asked him.

"She's two... very sweet, I think you two would have fun..." he said.

"I can't wait to meet her. She looked really cute," Kira said.

"She's beautiful just like you my biggest princess!" He said.