Chapter 1

*Eight years later*

Liam's POV:

I lay in bed thinking about home. Trying to remember what it was like to be able to see. Thinking about how soon, dad will pass the role as Alpha to me..I can't be Alpha! I'm blind! Useless! I can't do anything right! 

 "It might help if you actually tried." my wolf grumbled. 

 "I can't Flynn! In case you forgot, I'm blind!" I exclaimed. 

 "I know that, dumby! I'm a part of you, so I can't see either. But I know that once you lose one sense, your other senses grow. Now that you can't see-

 "Stop it already! Just leave me alone! I can't see, Flynn! You somehow just don't get it." I cut off the connection and sat up. 

 That was how it always went with me and Flynn. He always tried to tell me that I am capable of doing things if I just try. But I just can't. At that moment, I heard a knock on my door. 

 "Come in," I said. I could hear the door open and footsteps walk towards me. 

 "Liam, your father has arrived to take you back home." It was my teacher. 

 My parents sent me to blind school so I could learn to deal with my blindness. I got up and she led me out the door and down the stairs. I spent months here and I was still the same. What are they supposed to teach me?! Teach me to see?! They claim I can see with my hands but I can't! All I can see, is complete darkness. I've been alone in darkness for so many years..I don't even know what it's like to see! 

 "Liam!" I heard my father's voice exclaim. 

 Before I knew it, I was pulled into a hug. 

 "We've missed you, buddy." my father said. 

 "Yea, me too. But how could you miss me if you sent me here just to get me out of the way?!" I exclaimed. 

 "Son, we didn't send you here to get you out of our way. We sent you here so you could learn how to deal with your blindness." I scoffed. 

 "Son, you are eighteen years old. Your mother and I aren't getting any younger. Sooner or later you will have to take over the pack." my father told me. 

 "I know! But do you really want a blind, useless Alpha leader!? Do you really want the pack to fall?! I am blind!! I can't be Alpha! I can't do anything!" I yelled. 

 My father didn't say anything. He just led me outside and helped me into the car. I know he's hurting..And I know I hurt him with my words..I just- 

 "Well, well. Look who it is. It's my blind, loser of a brother." I heard my younger brother Jake mock. 

 "Jake, what have I told you about bullying your brother?" I heard my dad say. From the tone of his voice, I could tell he was mad. 

 "Not to. But it's true! He's a good for nothing loser!" Jake laughed. 

 "That's it! Young man, when we get home you are grounded! No sweets, no electronics, no friends over, no going over to friends houses!" my dad told my brother, angrily. 

 "But dad! That's not fair!" he groaned. "For how long am I gonna be tortured for telling the truth??"

  I could hear my dad breathing hard. He was really getting mad. "Your not being punished for telling the truth! Your being punished for bullying! And it's not true, Jake! Your brother is as capable of things as you and me!" he yelled. 

 I heard him sigh heavily. "Jake...I don't know what happened to you..You used to be so caring, so sweet and kind. Now, you act like a spoiled brat! You bully others. You skip school! Yes, I know about your skipping school. Your teachers called me."