Chapter 40

Third Person POV:

They all indeed surprised the family. Everyone was excited for them. But, Liam and Hannah also broke the news about the possibilities of the baby being human. Completely human. They were shocked and scared, but knew he'd have his family by his side every step of the way. This child was going to be special, that much they all knew. He had a purpose, just like Oliver and Angela. Just like Mason, Melanie, and Ethan. Just like Liam and Hannah. Why the moon goddess chose this pack for such important roles, no one knows. But, one thing they were certain of. This was going to be another event that would not soon be forgotten.

Liam's POV:

It's been six months. We were hoping that the child would surprise us and be born at the normal time for a wolf. Unfortunately, he didn't. Hannah's been pregnant for nine months. The more time that passes, the more on edge I become. But, finally, the day came.

  I was working in the office with Xander and Mark. They'd officially become my Beta and Gamma last month.

  I suddenly heard Hannah screaming my name. My eyes went wide in worry. "Mark, take me to Hannah." I said in a firm, serious tone. 

 "Alright, Liam." he said, taking my hand. 

 "I hope everything's ok..." Xander said in a worried tone. 

 "Me too..." I mumbled. "Hannah, where are you?" I asked her quickly through the mind-link. 

 "Liam, I-I think it's t-time! I'm in o-our room!" she told me. 

 "Where is she, bro?" Mark asked. 

 "The bedroom. She's having the baby. Xander, get the car." 

 "Yes, Liam." I heard Xander get up and hurry away. 

 Mark and I hurried to mine and Hannah's room. "It's gonna be ok, Hannah.." I said softly, when I'd reached her side. I picked her up bridal style and Mark helped us down the stairs and to the car. "Mark, I want to to tell dad, mom, Jake, Dianna, and Hannah's parents. Tell them to meet us at the hospital." I said as I got Hannah in the car with his help. 

 "You got it, Liam. Your all set. Take care!" he replied.

  "Thanks, Mark." I smiled. 

 "No problem." he said, shutting the car door. 

 With that, Xander drove away. I kept whispering reassuring things to Hannah. I held her hand tightly. 

 "We're here, guys!" Xander said quickly, getting out of the car. He helped Hannah and I inside the hospital. 

 "Luna? Alpha?" a voice asked. I recognized it as the pack doctor. 

 "Hannah is having the baby! Please help!" I responded. 

 "Right away. Nurse!" the doctor called. 

 "I'll wait in the waiting room for the others." Xander told us. I nodded and went with Hannah. 

 I listened as Hannah panted and cried out in pain. The doctor kept giving orders, telling her to push when she felt a contraction.

  My wolf wanted control, so I gave it to him. He wanted to comfort his mate. "I'm here, my love...Your doing great. Just a little more, Hannah." he told her in a gentle tone. 

 "F-Flynn.." she said in a soft voice. I could tell she was smiling. I could hear the pain that seeped through her voice. 

 It seemed like we were there for hours. I gained control over Flynn, but sometimes, he'd take control again and comfort her some more. Finally, I heard a baby's cry. I smiled brightly, tears in my eyes. Flynn howled for joy. 

 "Great job, Hannah.." I kissed her forehead. 

 A few minutes later, a nurse walked up to us. "Here's your baby, Luna." I assume she handed the baby to Hannah. 

 "He's perfect..." Hannah breathed. I could tell she was tired, but I could also tell she was smiling.

 "I wouldn't say that, Luna Hannah." the doctor's voice came to my ears.

  I frowned. "Why do you say that?" I asked. 

 "Your baby is smaller than a normal were-creature. We took some tests and discovered that he is human. Only whereas your human family members have inherited werewolf strength, the ability to avoid sickness, and the ability to find their mate, your child has not inherited any of them. Whether he has the ability to find his mate like us we won't know until he has come of age." 

 "He doesn't have werewolf genes?" Hannah asked. I could hear the worry in her voice. 

 "I'm afraid so." We were speechless. And from his tone, I knew he didn't like our child. His future Alpha. "I recommend adoption for this child. He is not fit to be in a pack or to be Alpha." 

 I growled. I could feel Flynn take over. 

 "Wait! Liam! Flynn! Don't harm him!" Hannah held us back. 

 "Fine. For you, my love. But if I ever hear you talking like that about my child again I will not hesitate to rip you to pieces." Flynn growled. 

 "Y-yes, A-Alpha!" the doctor ran out of the room. 

 Flynn gave me back control and I knelt beside Hannah. 

 We were soon brought into a recovery room. 

 "Your family is here to see you. Shall I send them in?" the nurse asked. 

 "Yes, please." Hannah replied. 

 I was holding the baby. Hannah had a little crib for him beside her bed. Or so she told me. I was glad he would be resting beside her. 

 "Liam! Hannah!" I heard my father-in-law's voice. I heard multiple footsteps coming in the room. 

 "Oh, Liam...Is this your son? He's beautiful.." my mom said in a soft tone. 

 "Yes, mom." I smiled. 

 "He's a lovely baby, son." my dad replied. 

 "So...is he human? Fully like the ultrasound said?" Dianna asked. 

 "Yes, sis...But he might have the werewolf gene to be able to find his mate like us..." Hannah answered. 

 "Son, do you think he'll be able to run the pack with him being a human?" my dad asked firmly. I didn't get mad because I knew he loved him, but was concerned for the pack. 

 "I do, dad. I can feel it." I responded confidently. 

 "Alright then. I shall back you up." 

 "You mean, we will back you up." my mom declared. 

 "And so will we." my mother-in-law declared. 

 "So, Liam, what's my little nephew's name?" Jake asked. 

 "Do you want to tell them, Hannah?" 

 "You can tell them, Liam." she replied. 

 I nodded with a smile. "Well, we've decided to call our son..........Alexander."