Chapter 21

Dianna's POV:

The doctor just left from checking over Jake. It's hopeless! 

 "Unless..." Lucy murmured. 

 "What do you mean, Lucy?" I asked. 

 "Well, this may be a long shot, but what if we tried mind-linking his wolf? What of we tried talking through mind-link to Firgus?"  

 "If it's possible it'll work then yea!" I exclaimed. 

 With that, we closed out eyes and tried to mind-link Firgus. After several tries, our message finally went through. 

 After several minutes that seemed like forever, we got a very weak message from Firgus. "T-trying...to...fight...D-don't know if....I...c-can hang...on...much...longer.."

  We replied saying, "Hang in there, Firgus. It'll be ok. We love you and Jake. We miss you both so much. Keep fighting, please. We'll find a way. We promise." 

 "I will. F-for you..I-I'll fight till I c-can't...fight any..more." was his weak but confident reply. 

 I smiled. I went to a bookcase to look at some books on magic. Right now, the doctor said that was the only way he'd survive. I looked and looked till my eyes were sore and still, I couldn't find anything. 

 "Dianna? What are you doing?" Liam asked from the doorway. 

 "I'm looking for a way to save Jake. His wolf is very weak from trying to fight. He can't do it much longer. I'm going to help him if it's the last thing I do." I told him. 

 "Let me help. Hannah went home for the day. So, I'm free. And he's my brother. I'd do anything for him." 

 "As would I..." I mumbled. 

 So we both sat down and searched in those books. Finally, after looking for so long, we found something. 

 "Look, Liam! I found something! This might work!" I exclaimed. 

 Liam looked over my shoulder at the book. "It says we need fairy magic to do it. The only fairy we know is Aviana.." he said thoughtfully. 

 I nodded. "When she tried, I don't think she had the right spell. This is the spell we need. But..it requires a sacrifice.." Liam looked at me. "I'm going to do it. He's my mate and I love him. Besides, it's my fault he's in this condition." I declared. 

 Liam shook his head. "No, Dianna. It says here any sacrifice would work. Life or otherwise. Now, if it were to work and you died from it, he would be devastated and most likely want to commit suicide again! And, if you were to sacrifice your sight, it would be hard for you. I know what it's like to be blind but you don't. I won't let you do it, Dianna. I will do it." 

 "But-" 

 "No, Dianna. Don't argue. Please get your sister and the doctor. I will get my family. If we wait any longer, there won't be any need for this spell." Liam objected. 

 I sighed. "Alright...I'll get them." I kissed Jake and told him I'd be right back. Then, I went downstairs with Liam and I went outside. "Hannah!" I called to my sister.

  "What is it, sis? Is something wrong with Jake?" she asked. 

 I shook my head. "No, but  Liam and I know how to help him." 

 "How?" 

 "With fairy magic and a sacrifice." I responded. 

 "Your gonna sacrifice yourself?!" she shrieked. 

 "No, Hannah. Liam is. I didn't want him to but you have one stubborn mate." 

 "LIAM!?!" she yelled and ran back towards the pack house.

  I got lucky with the doctor. He was on his way home so I was able to stop him. "Doctor, Liam and I know how to help Jake. Can you come?" I asked him. 

 "Of course, Miss Dianna. But what do you plan to do?" 

 "We plan to make a sacrifice." I told him and led him to the pack house. 

 When we got inside, Liam was hugging Hannah, who was crying in his arms. His family was crying as well. 

 "Son, are you sure you want to do this?" Alpha Ethan asked. 

 "Yes, dad. I'm sure. It's the only way. Jake still has so much to live for, although he doesn't realize it. He's my little brother and I love him." 

 "As you wish, Liam. Aviana, do you think you can preform this spell?" 

 "I can try, Alpha. But I just found out I'm a fairy. So please don't expect this to work. I'm still getting used to my powers." she stated. 

 "Don't worry, buttercup. I'll be right there beside you to help and guide you." Jordan smiled. 

 "Thank you, my little dragonlet." She gave him that nickname about a week ago. It's pretty cute to me. 

 "Let's go.." Luna June replied. 

 We all headed upstairs. Not everyone was allowed in the room. The doctor waited outside with Mirah, Tanner, Tana, Bryce, Jillian, Mark, Xander, Xandra, the Alpha and Luna, and the rest of his family. Liam, Hannah, Jordan, Aviana and I went inside. We did keep the door open so everyone saw what was going on. 

 "Liam, are you ready?" Aviana asked. 

 He nodded. "Yes, I am." he answered. 

 Aviana nodded and took a deep breath. 

 "You can do this, buttercup." Jordan told her. 

 She nodded and said, "Fairies of olden time, give me the power to heal this soul. Accept this sacrifice offered by his brother." 

 Suddenly, Liam and Jake began to glow brightly. They were lifted into the air. Finally, they stopped glowing and were put back down. When Liam was back on the floor, he practically fell into Hannah's arms. 

 "Liam!" she exclaimed. 

 The doctor examined him and said he'd be ok. We weren't sure what sacrifice Liam had given. 

 "Now, I shall examine Jake." he said. He walked over to his bed. 

 I saw at that moment, Jake stir. 

 Aviana, who was being held by Jordan, for she was weak from using that much magic all at once, looked. 

 "Jake..?" I murmured. 

 "D-Dianna...?" came my answer. Jake was awake. He was ok! 

 At that moment, Liam cried out. 

 "Liam! Y-your blind!" Hannah cried. Liam was sitting in the corner of Jake's room, being held tightly by my twin sis. 

 "I-it's ok, Hannah. I wanted to do this." he smiled. 

 "L-Liam..? W-what happened?" Jake asked weakly. His father explained everything. Jake's eyes were wide in shock. He turned to Liam. "Liam...you..gave up your sight? F-for me??" he asked. 

 "Yes, Jake." Liam answered. 

 "B-but..why? After all I've done....why save me at all??" 

 "Because, we love you. You've changed. And I'm sorry for ignoring you. I do love you, Jake. And I'm proud to be your mate," I told him, hugging him. 

 He smiled weakly. "I'm sorry I worried everyone..I'll never do it again." 

 "It's alright, Jake. We're just happy your alright." his Uncle Mason smiled.

A few days later, Jake was fully better. Liam had regained his strength and so had Aviana. Liam was happy, although, he was blind once more. And this time, there would be no regaining his sight. We were all so happy. Until, some one had to try and take our happiness away once more.