Chapter14

Jake's POV:

I stood where I was, frozen in fear. My dad was about to get killed! 

 "Move it, Jake! Save him!" Firgus yelled at me. 

 I nodded. "Diana, flower, I'll be right back..I love you, baby." I kissed her and shifted. I walked right up behind the two and gave a loud growl. 

 They looked. My dad smiled weakly before collapsing. I attacked Alpha Marcus. I was fueled by my anger and hate. Firgus and I were fighting as hard as we could. This guy was strong. Then, we got some unexpected help. A familiar wolf came running up and attacked. It appeared that he couldn't see but he fought hard and pretty well.

Liam's POV:

Somehow, I sensed that my brother, dad, cousins, and everyone there was in danger. I got up from the bed, leaving Hannah on the bed. I guess we fell asleep. I made my way down as best I could. "Who's there?" I asked suddenly. 

 "It's us. Janie, Mia, and Bryce. What do you think your doing??" Mia asked. 

 "I'm going to save my family." I said, running out. I fell several times. It was hard to tell where I was going. I could sense Mia, Bryce, and Janie were following me. But I didn't stop. 

 "Shift! It'll be faster!" Flynn told me. 

 "Ok, Flynn." I shifted and made my way through the woods. I could hear fighting. 

 "I sense Jake's lynx! He's fighting some other guy! Attack! Jake isn't going to win!" 

 I nodded and we attacked. It was hard, but I was doing my best. I bit the wolf in the leg. I was trying to get his neck. 

 "Liam!" Bryce yelled. 

 "You guys don't know how to follow directions, huh?" Ian asked. 

 "Whatever, cousin! Scold me later. For now, help me guys! Mark, Xander, Jordan, take care of Alpha Ethan. Mia, Mirah, Jillian, Xandra, Janie, go help Diana and that girl lying on the floor. Make sure their ok. Bring the Alpha into the house! The rest of you, shift and let's stop this fight!" Bryce yelled. Before I knew it, I could sense more were-animals around me, fighting. 

 "OW! Big brother! That was my leg!" I heard Jake's voice through mind-link. 

 "Oops. Sorry, little bro!" 

 "No problem. Now let's finish this guy!" 

 I don't know what happened to dad, but I suppose I'd find out later. For now, I had to try and remember all I'd been taught. I was panting hard. Oh how am I gonna win this fight?! I'm only blind, I can't do this! 

 "Think about Hannah and what she tells you every day! You can do this!" Flynn exclaimed. His words gave me courage. I felt stronger. I fought as hard as I could, but suddenly I was attacked. "What was that?!" I asked Jake in mind-link. 

 "I think he has followers. Rogue followers. He must have mind-linked them, because now, they're here!" I growled. This is just great.

Jordan's POV:

There was bloodshed everywhere. Luckily, none of ours was dead...I hope. 

 "I have an idea. It's risky for our side, but it may stop this war." Fang told me. 

 "What is it, Fang?" 

 "First, you need to tell everyone to get back. Then, shift and give me control.

 I nodded. "Guys! Get back! I'm going to try something!" 

 "What do you think your doing, little brother?!" Mirah tried to stop me, but I ignored her. 

 "Here goes nothin'." I thought. I took a deep breath, and shifted. Fang took over and we rose high in the air. I could see my cousins fighting as hard as they could. Liam was actually doing pretty good. Suddenly, however, Liam was knocked out! Fang and I blew fire downward. We roared. 

 Finally, the war was over. Those who weren't killed by my fire, surrendered. Alpha Marcus didn't surrender, however, and he wasn't killed. He continued to fight with Jake. I tried to blow my fire at him, but my mate, who had revived apparently, jumped in the way. Luckily, I don't think it killed her..I hope. I landed and shifted back. I took Alpha Marcus by surprise by grabbing his back leg. I pulled. I think I broke it accidentally. He shifted back and groaned. Liam's wolf was still lying on the ground, motionless. Oh, please don't be dead..I ran over to him. Oh man, I singed his fur! My mate laid on the ground beside him. I touched her pale face. I smiled as I felt the sparks that flew at our touch. By this time, everyone had shifted back. 

 "Jordan, take her. Jake, Xander, get Liam. Uncle Mason, Uncle Hayden, Uncle Chase, can you get Uncle Ethan?" Bryce asked. 

 "Ian, Mark, and I will get Alpha Marcus." He was really good at taking control of things. A couple of the warriors helped Ian, Mark, and Bryce carry Alpha Marcus. Before we knew it, we were back at the pack. We went straight to the pack doctor. The main concern of the doctor, was his Alpha. He wasn't looking so good. 

 "I'm going to go tell mother and bring Diana home..I'll be back.." Jake mumbled. I could see he was more than worried. Before he had changed, he had been so awful to his father..now, he was really regretting it. It was possible, that today, Liam would become Alpha..And not by any ceremony.