Chapter 3

June's POV:

When I discovered the kids weren't in Liam's room, I was a little panicked. I really started to panic when I saw what looked like a zip line attached to the window. 

 "June?" Melanie asked from behind me. 

 "The kids are gone!" I panted. 

 "It's alright, June. Calm down. Liam will be fine. He's with Xander, Xandra and the others." 

 I knew she was right, though one look in her eye and you could see a little worry. A few minutes past and then we heard Ethan, Hayden, and Chase come in. Desiree, Melanie, Lily, Marie, and I met them. 

 "Xander! Xandra!" Marie exclaimed. "Where were you? And where is your cousin?" 

 "Well, I wanted to go watch Uncle Ethan, Uncle Hayden and Uncle Chase fight the rogues. I was to get Jillian and the boys to come with me.." Xandra explained. 

 Marie shook her head. "What am I going to do with you, Xandra? You are more mischievous than what I heard about your Uncle Ethan when he was younger." 

 I smiled at Ethan's face. It was red with embarrassment. 

 "It's ok, Ethan." I put my hand on his shoulder. 

 "Xandra, where is Liam?" Marie asked. 

 "I think he's still with his mate." she answered in a calm tone. 

 Did she just say what I think she said? Mate?! 

 "Wait..Liam found..his mate?!" I asked her earnestly. 

 She nodded. "I think her name's Hannah." she replied. 

 "How did he find her?" I asked. I was anxious, as you can probably tell, to meet and find out more about my son's mate. 

 We all went into the living room and sat down. Ethan told us what happened and how Liam met Hannah. A few hours past, then we finally heard the door open. I went to go see who it was and found it was Liam and a pretty young girl. 

 "Liam, where have you been?" I asked him, wiping my hands on my apron. I had been finishing up dinner. 

 "We were sitting by a pond, Luna." the girl answered.

  I nodded. "You must be Liam's mate, Hannah. I heard that Liam had found his mate. And I must say, he certainly got himself a very pretty mate." 

 Hannah blushed. "T-thank you, ma'am." 

 Liam spoke up at that moment. "I'm sorry we were so late, mom. We were talking and lost track of time." 

 "That's alright, son. Now, how about you kids go wash up for dinner. Hannah, maybe you can help Liam?" 

 Hannah nodded. "I'd like to help him in another way.." she commented.

  Liam turned his head in her direction, looking confused. 

 "Um..alright? As long as it's not dangerous, I guess." I said, turning to go back into the kitchen. I turned back suddenly, remembering something. "Did you kids happen to run into Jake by any chance?" I asked. 

 Lately, he hadn't been in for dinner on time and sometimes, didn't come back till dinner was over. I worry a lot about that boy..he changed so much since Liam went blind. I just wonder how he'll make it in life with his kind of attitude. 

 "Yes, ma'am. We saw him. I can go look for him if you want." Hannah offered. 

 I shook my head and thanked her for the offer. I don't really want my future daughter-in-law to be treated badly by Jake. I mean, sooner or later she will be, unless he somehow learns his lesson before they really meet. But, I just want to give her a little more time to get to know our real family. Not..my son. I love Jake dearly..but he's taken a wrong turn somehow! He's become a bully that we can't tame no matter what we do! I could feel some tears coming on at the thought and quickly excused myself.

Liam's POV:

I already really love my mate. She's wonderful, but I think she's really wrong about me. After talking with mom for a minute or two, she excused herself rather suddenly. Her voice sounded..like she was going to cry. 

 "Hannah, what happened? Could you tell?" I asked. 

 "I don't know, Liam. But, I think her eyes..they looked misty. Like she was going to cry..Do you think she's upset over your brother?" she asked. 

 I shrugged. "Maybe..After I went blind and after he..changed, mom would worry a lot over him. I could hear her crying in the night. She never told me why she cried, but she didn't have to. I knew it was because of him....and me." I answered, my voice going quiet. I hated those memories. 

 "You alright, Liam?" I felt her hand rest on my shoulder. 

 "Well, those memories aren't really my favorite memories.." I told her. 

 I jumped a little when I felt her hug me. 

 After we washed up and introduced Hannah as my mate to my the rest of my family, we had dinner. It was good, but I guess I wasn't very hungry. After dinner, Hannah was allowed to stay over a while. Hannah and I went up to my room. She led me by my hand. We sat on my bed and got to know each to each other some more. That's when she asked me about my least favorite memory that I have..

 "Liam, I wondered, how did you lose your sight?" she asked me. 

 She must have noticed how uncomfortable I was because then she added, "If it makes you unhappy or uncomfortable, you don't have to tell me. It's alright."

  I shook my head. "No. It's..alright. Your my mate. You deserve to know.." I said. 

 "Years ago, when I was ten years old and Jake was eight..Dad had just put us to bed. It was a calm, normal, and peaceful night. But then I heard something from downstairs. I went down to see what it was. I saw a man that I only recognized through mom's descriptions and pictures.." 

 "Who was it?" Hannah asked me. 

 "I think, it was my grandfather. Her father. I was trying not to be seen, but I guess he caught me and attacked. He grabbed me. I struggled to get free but I couldn't. Just as I thought I was doomed, I saw my dad. But, my grandfather threw me aside at that moment as soon as he saw my dad. I felt my head strike the wood of the railing and everything went black. When I woke up..I suppose I woke up in the pack hospital. But, everything I saw..was completely black. And has been ever since." I felt a tear roll down my cheek. 

 "Ha! My brother's a big baby! Y'know, Liam the Loser, real men don't cry!" I heard Jake's voice from what I assume was probably my doorway. 

 Hannah got up from beside me and walked forward, probably to the doorway. "Jake, I'm only going to say this once. Go away! I mean it! Leave us alone and take your mean and nasty, untrue comments with you!" she yelled at him. 

 I could hear him scoff as she slammed the door. Probably in his face, I imagine. 

 She walked over to me and hugged me. "Liam, don't listen to him. He doesn't know what it means to be a real man. He is just an immature boy. Everyone needs to cry sometimes and that's ok. It doesn't mean your a baby or weak. And, I think you have the biggest reason I have ever heard of, to cry." she told me. 

 I didn't answer. I just stared at her..I think. 

 "Liam, it's ok to cry. You lost your sight a long time ago, and barely remember seeing. I'm really sorry.." she said softly. 

 Right there, I broke down. For the first time in a long, long time, I cried. I cried into her shoulder. She was there to comfort me, and to tell me it was alright. She shared my tears..my griefs..my mate was there for me. I knew then, that what my wolf was trying to tell me about my mate was true. She wasn't going to leave me just because I'm blind. She's going to stick by my side and love me through it all. And so was I. As best I could despite the fact I'm basically a useless blind person.