Chapter 26

Xandra's POV:

"Hey, look! There's that tomboy freak!" one girl exclaimed. 

 "Yea! I heard she hurt her arm by disobeying the Alpha and Luna!" another remarked in almost a whisper. 

 I just sat there, ignoring them. Normally, I would have done something about it. But, lately, I've been feeling a little down. Thinking about my mate. I thought about changing myself, but that wouldn't work. I can't even walk in heels to save my life. And I look horrible in makeup. Some dresses, don't look so bad on me and aren't even that uncomfortable. But still. It kinda hurt when those girls gave me the realization that there was no way any boy would want me. Boys like girls that are beautiful, gentle, and not so action-filled. 

 "Excuse me, but I don't like people making fun of my sister." my brother's voice came from behind me. I looked up at him. He looked angry. 

 "Well, why shouldn't we? We're only telling the truth." 

 "It's not the truth. She isn't a freak. She is just as special and unique as the next person. You are the only freaks here. And I wouldn't be surprised if your mates rejected you once they found out what kind of girls you really were. Xandra has a mate out there somewhere and when they find each other, he will be honored, even more than honored to take her as his own and love her like no other." 

 "He's right. I will." a bold, serious voice said from behind us. This time, I didn't look. I sat frozen in place. That voice...It sounded so...handsome..so caring..so full of love...

 "A-Aaron? E-Erica?" the first girl stuttered. 

 Xander, likewise, was frozen in place. Staring straight ahead of him. I finally was able to move. He was staring at the girl and she was staring at him. I was staring at the handsome young man in front of me. He was staring at me. He walked towards me and took me in his arms. I was so enthrolled in his stunning green eyes, I didn't even notice him come even closer to me. He probably would have kissed me if my parents didn't stop him. 

 "Xander! Xandra! What is the meaning of this?!" father exclaimed. Really dad? Couldn't you have waited a little longer? This prince was just about to kiss me. 

 "Father, these are our mates." Xander told him. 

 "I see. And what are your names?" mother nodded. 

 "I am Erica and this is my younger twin brother, Aaron. We are the two rogues that Alpha Ethan and Luna June just welcomed into the pack. We mean no harm, I assure you." 

 "I see...Rogues, eh? Well, rogues or no rogues, you were welcomed and given the Alpha and Luna's trust. Therefore, I give you my trust and my blessing. Xander, Xandra, if you truly want to accept them as your mates, then you do not need to fear my judgement." 

 "Nor mine." mom said. 

 "Thank you, father, mother. We're going to go spend some time getting to know our mates now, if it's alright." my brother smiled at his mate, his eyes sparkling. 

 "Of course, son. Erica, Aaron, you are invited to dinner at our place tonight. Xandra and Xander can show you where it is." 

 "Thank you, ma'am. Aaron, what do you think?" 

 "If it means I can spend more time with Xandra, I'll do it..." my mate declared. 

 "Alright then, we accept. Thank you, for the offer." 

 "Of course. We'll see you then, kids." mother smiled and took father's hand. Then, they walked away.

Aaron's POV:

Mine and my sister's life has been pretty hard. We've been rogues since we were only ten. Our parents died and we were banished from our pack. We always watched out for each other. We protected each other. For a long time, we thought we'd never have a mate or a happy life. So, finding our mates was a welcome blessing. Now that I've found my mate, I'm never letting her go. Well, unless.....she wants to go...I only say that because I saw a look in her eyes. Part of her looked really happy that she found her mate. But, another part of her looked....I don't know...doubtful maybe? I took Xandra aside and asked her if she wanted me. She hesitated. 

 "Aaron, I do want you. And, I care about you a lot, so...I am not gonna lie to you.." she told me. 

 "Then what's wrong? I can see it in your eyes. You aren't happy." I said. She took a deep breath and finally answered. 

 "Do you want me?" 

 I stared at her. Of course I wanted her! She's my mate! "Xandra, of course I want you...You are my mate..What would make you ask such a thing?" I asked her. 

 "I'm a tomboy. No one in their right mind would want me...I'm ugly and I definitely am not girly." she mumbled. 

 I laughed and pulled her close. "Xandra, you aren't ugly. You are the most beautiful girl I've ever seen in my life. You are perfect the way you are and I am so honored that you are my mate. I'm proud your my mate. I am so proud, I'm ready to tell the whole world! You are mine, Xandra. I will never stop loving you.." 

 Xandra had tears in her eyes. "You-your telling the truth...Aren't you..?" she smiled at me. Her smile was the sweetest thing I've ever seen in my life...

 "Yes, Xandra, I'm telling the truth." And with that, I took her in my arms and kissed her. It was the best thing I'd ever felt in my life...The sparks we felt were so wonderful...I love my mate so much...