Chapter 33

Janie's POV:

 I was a little jealous of Mia, but I was happy for her. I've always been known as the serious one of the group. Mia was the kind, quiet one, Bryce was the outgoing, adventurous one, and I was the serious one. The one to think things through before jumping into things. 

 Anyway, Mia asked if I would help with Hannah's dress. Part of me wanted to say no. I would have too, if it weren't for Lana, my wolf. 

 "Go! Go! Go! I have a feeling  we'll find our mate!

 I rolled my eyes. I said yes, though I doubted it highly. "So, Mia, when do you plan on telling mom and dad?" I asked as we walked along. She obviously hadn't thought of that. 

 "Um.....I don't know. Tonight maybe? Maybe Wilson could come for dinner?" 

 "Well, first you'd have to ask mom and dad about that one. But I think that's a good idea." 

 "Do you think they'll like me?.." Wilson asked nervously. "I'm nobody spectacular. Your mom literally helped save were-kind and humans!"

  "Believe me, I know how that feels. Sometimes, I feel like I have to be somebody amazing to please mom and dad, too. But we don't. We don't need to be anyone spectacular to please them or make them proud. We just need to be who we are. We just need to be ourselves. They'll like you, Wilson, as long as your nobody evil." I said, as we all burst into laughter. 

 "Thanks, Janie. That does make me feel better." 

 "No problem, Wilson. Mom and dad just want what's best for us. So, if they see that you make Mia happy and that you aren't some person that's gonna take advantage of her, they'll like you." 

 "I'd never take advantage of her! I love her and I want what's best for her as well. If that isn't me, then so be it. As long as she's happy." I smiled. 

 My sister found the perfect guy. Some guys always go after her because she's attractive. A few, she told me, harassed her, but she managed to get away. She didn't tell mom or dad, though she knows she should. She didn't even tell Bryce. She didn't want anyone to get hurt, and she knows that they would somehow find them and make them feel a world of pain. I can only imagine how horrible Mia feels. But, I think now I can rest easily. I know that Wilson is not going to stand for it. Mia always said she didn't want to keep secrets from her mate. If she decides to tell him this one, Those guys are gonna be in trouble. Though she'd make him promise not to kill anyone. 

  When we finally got there, I smelled something. It smelled like gingerbread cookies. At first, I thought they were making gingerbread cookies...Until I entered the house and saw the most handsome man standing there in the living room. He had been talking to Dianna, but then he turned to look at me. I could feel myself blushing. The whole world stopped. I think people were talking to me, but I couldn't hear them. I was too focused on him. 

 "Mine." I whispered, letting myself be wrapped in his arms. 

 "My little mate..." the young man said quietly. I spent an entire minute in his embrace. I felt warm and happy. I used to imagine my life alone, but now, I can't imagine my life without my mate. He was young and handsome. 

 "W-what's your name?" I asked finally.

  He smiled at me. "Eric...What's your name, cherry?" I blushed. 

 "Janie.." I replied. 

 "I'm honored to meet you, Janie." he said in a charming voice. 

 "Janie, if you want to spend some time with your mate, I'm sure we can wait a while for the dress. Mia, Lynn, and I can go shopping for accessories to sew on it. Like ribbon and flowers or something. She's actually still in the bedroom sketching. She can't seem to come up with a design." Dianna said.  

 "Thank you, Dianna....I think I'd like some time to get to know him." I said, taking hold of his hand. 

 "We're going for a walk. We'll be back later." Eric said, as we walked outside. 

 "So, your Mia's sister?" Eric asked. 

 I nodded. 

 "Tell me a little bit about yourself, cherry." he said. 

 "Well, I'm 21 years old. My mom was the savior of were-kind and humans years ago along with my uncles. I have one brother named Bryce. He's a year younger than I am and found his mate maybe a month ago." I explained. "So, tell me about you...Where did you get the name cherry from?" He chuckled. "You were blushing so hard when we met, it reminded me of a cherry. And your scent of that of a bowl full of fresh cherries." he said, taking me in his arms, as I blushed again. 

 "As for my life story...Wilson and I were orphaned when I was only eight. We've had a hard life...I've always looked up to my brother. He's like...my role model. Sometimes, I wonder if mom and dad are proud of me...I want to make them proud, I really do. I...I want to be some one they can be proud to call their son.." 

 "Eric, I'm sure they are very proud of you. You don't need to change, or do anything to make anyone proud. If your family isn't proud of you, then they are crazy and don't deserve your attention. I have just met you, but I already love you. And I'm already proud of you. You don't need to prove yourself to anyone. Just be yourself...I remember thinking I had to prove myself to my mom and dad. But, I ended up getting lost in the woods and almost attacked by rogues. My Uncle Mason, Uncle Chase, and my dad managed to find me before I ended up dead by rogues. I got a lecture from my parents, and that day, I opened up and told them how I felt. They hugged me and told me I didn't need to prove myself. They were already proud of me." 

 Eric listened thoughtfully. "Maybe your right.." he mumbled. 

 "Eric, if you ever need to talk to some one, I'm always here for you. You can tell me anything. I promise to always be honest with you, and never keep anything from you. I shall do my very best to be the kind of mate you deserve." 

 "Thank you, my cherry...I couldn't ask for a better mate...I promise to be honest with you as well. If something is bothering me, I'll tell you." We smiled at each other and hugged tightly. 

 "Oh, Lana...Thank you for making me go...If you hadn't, I wouldn't have met Eric.." I said to my wolf. 

 "No problem, Janie. I'm glad we've met him.." she said. 

 "I am too, Lana...I am too..."