Chapter 39

Dianna's POV:

It's been a couple months since the wedding. When Jake and I returned from our honeymoon and found out Hannah was pregnant, I was so excited for her. Today Hannah is going to find out the gender of her baby. Jake and I are going with Liam and Hannah to find out the gender. We plan to tell all their cousins and their cousin's mates. Then, we all are going to plan a surprise. A special way to reveal the gender to Sir Ethan and Miss June. And Jake's cousin's parents as well. Jake's Uncle Cole actually went back to his pack a few months ago with his kids and mate, so they won't be apart of our plan. 

 "Sis! If we want to get to there on time, we got to leave now." Hannah declared, coming down the stairs. She was starting to get a little baby bump. 

 "Alright, Hannah! I'm just looking for Jake." 

 "Funny. I'm looking for Liam." Hannah murmured.

  We suddenly heard something. I turned to Hannah and she gave me a little 'shh' sign. We walked out to the backyard and smiled. Our mates were having a sparring match. Jake still couldn't shift, but that was fine. Liam was in wolf form. Despite their disadvantages, both were doing well. 

 "You won't get me, Liam!" Jake declared, laughing. His eyes went wide as Liam turned and leaped onto him, pushing him to the ground. "How did you know where I was??" Jake asked, clueless. 

 Liam shifted back and laughed. "I may be blind, little brother, but I'm not deaf. I listened for the direction of where your voice was coming from." 

 "Oh." Jake groaned. 

 "Don't feel too bad, Jake. You did good." I replied. 

 The boys looked in our direction. "Dianna?" Jake asked. "How long have you two been there?" 

 "Long enough to see some of your sparring match." Hannah replied with a smile. "Here's your pants, Liam." she went over to Liam and handed him his pants. "Now hurry up, you two. We're going to be late for the ultrasound!" 

 "I'm not missing that!" Jake declared, taking my hand. "We'll meet you in the car." Jake and I walked to the car and got in. Jake was in the driver's seat while I sat beside him in the passenger's seat. Soon, Liam and Hannah appeared and climbed in. After they had buckled up, we were on our way. 

Jake's POV:

I could tell my brother was a little nervous. I guess I couldn't blame him. This was his first child. Although I'm almost afraid to find out what it'll be like when Hannah gives birth. When we finally got there, we checked in and waited to be called for our turn in the waiting room. 

 "Alpha Liam and Luna Hannah?" a nurse called after a few minutes. 

 We stood up and followed her into a room. 

 "Luna Hannah, please lift up your shirt." the nurse said kindly. 

 Hannah lifted the shirt while the doctor prepared the machine. "Now, this might be a little cold." she warned as she placed some solution and a metal piece on Hannah's stomach. 

 Mine, Dianna's, and Hannah's eyes were wide. Liam couldn't see it of course, but he had tears in his eyes and a smile across his lips. 

 "I can't see it, but I know it's beautiful..." he said quietly.

  "I'm sorry you can't see, Liam..." I said in a quiet tone. 

 "It's alright, Jake. I have no regrets saving your life at all. Trust me." 

 I smiled. I really am lucky to have him for my older brother. 

 "Are you ready to know the gender? Or would you like to wait?" 

 "We'd like to know the gender." Liam replied. 

 The nurse smiled and nodded. "Alright then. Luna, Alpha, congratulations. Your having a boy!" 

 Hannah and Liam's eyes held tears of joy. Myself and Dianna were so happy for them. But our joy didn't last long. 

 The nurse seemed to notice something because her smile faded. "That's strange.." she said quietly. "What is?" "Hang on. Doctor Marks!" she called in a doctor and together they looked at the ultrasound. 

 "What's going on?" Liam whispered. 

 "I'm not sure. The nurse and doctor are looking at the ultrasound." I told him. 

 "Is there something wrong with our baby..?" Hannah asked in a nervous tone. 

 Liam held her hand tightly. 

 "We're not sure. It would help of your grandmother were here.." 

 "What do you mean?" I asked. 

 "Your Grandmother Angela was human. And...We aren't certain, but, the baby may be human as well." 

 Our eyes went wide at the doctor's words. 

 "H-how do you know..?" Hannah asked.

 "Because he's not as big as a normal baby. He may be in the womb for six more months. Humans carry their children for nine months and it appears, you might as well, Luna." 

 "But I don't understand. A couple of our uncles were human but they weren't carried longer. That's what my dad said." Liam declared. 

 "I know. But they inherited werewolf genes. Now, I may be wrong about this. But this baby is growing slower than he should be. I'm not saying he won't be a werewolf. But I am saying, be prepared." We nodded and the doctor left. 

 "Liam, if he's human...what'll we do? As the first born, he'll be the future Alpha." 

 "I know...But...I became Alpha and I'm blind. If I can do it, I think he can too." He hugged Hannah tight. "He'll be ok...And I have a feeling he will make a great Alpha." 

***********************************************************************************************

Hey everyone! So this story is finally coming to a close. I do plan on making a fourth part to it. So if you enjoy this series, feel free to check this fourth book out. I will start it after I post the final chapter of this story. Well, if you liked this chapter, feel free to comment your thoughts and vote! Happy reading!