Chapter 19

Dianna's POV:

I sat in my room, thinking about Jake. 

 "Dianna, please give him a chance! He's changed I know it! Please go talk to him before something bad happens!" Lucy begged.

  I had been ignoring her pleas for several months. Basically ever since the day the Alpha got hurt. I had so many mixed feelings. I didn't know what to do. I sighed as I sat on my bed. I suddenly heard the door to the house open and close. It was probably dad. 

 "Dianna!" I heard a voice call out. 

 That was definitely not my dad. And it wasn't mom either...I opened my bedroom door to be face to face with my sister. 

 "Hannah?! What are you doing here?! You were supposed to be home later on. What's happened??" She was panting. Evidently she had been running. "Take it easy, lil sis. Is there something wrong with Liam?" I asked. 

 She took a deep breath and after she caught her breath, she explained. "Nothing is wrong with Liam..But, there is something wrong with Jake..Something dreadfully wrong..I thought you would want to know since you are his mate." 

 "And in case you forgot, Hannah May Scott, I rejected that selfish jerk! He is nothing less than trash to me."

  Hey eyes held a serious look. "Diana Anne Scott, I know that's not true. You care about him a lot. Don't lie to me, sister! I'm your twin for moon goddess' sake!" 

 "I'm not lying. I don't care." I said firmly. 

 She shrugged. "Fine then. I guess you don't care that your mate just tried to commit suicide."

  I stared at her.

  "I told you something bad was gonna happen, Diana! But of course you never listened to me. Did you?!" Lucy exclaimed. 

 I could feel tears flowing down my cheeks. "H-he...what..?" I asked in a quiet voice. 

 "He tried to kill himself, Dianna. Here..it's his note.." Hannah told me, handing me a sheet of paper. 

 After I read it, I broke down. "This is all my fault.." I cried. 

 "Shh..Of course it isn't your fault, big sissie." Hannah tried to comfort me. 

 "Yes it is! I should have listened to Lucy..But of course I didn't!" I exclaimed. 

 "You didn't because you weren't sure. I understand. But now, sister, he needs you. I believe he's changed. You don't know how much he changed when he found out you were missing." 

 "T-take me to him..." I said in a voice so quiet it was like a whisper. 

 Hannah nodded and led me to the pack house. When we got inside, we saw the doctor talking to the Alpha and Luna. 

 "I've done everything I can for your son, Alpha Ethan. I'm sorry. I'll check in tomorrow."

  "Thank you, doctor. Goodbye." the Alpha nodded and the doctor took his leave. 

 "Ah. Hannah, your back." the Luna turned to us. 

 "Yes, ma'am. I brought my sister since she's Jake's mate. Perhaps she can help him in some way." 

 "Maybe, Hannah. Dianna, you can go up and see him if you'd like." Luna June told me. 

 I nodded slowly and gulped. "Um..T-thank you, ma'am..." 

 "Of course, dear," was her reply. 

 I climbed the stairs, Hannah and Liam behind me. I looked into his room and officially wanted to die. "What have I done.....?!" I whispered, tears blurring my vision. 

 "I'm sorry, Dianna..I know you must care for my brother a lot..Despite how you rejected him.." Liam replied. 

 "I only rejected him because he was a mean, selfish bully..And now look what's happened..I ignored him completely even after he rescued me. Some mate I turned out to be." 

 "Dianna, nobody's perfect! Not even you. We all make mistakes. And trust me, mates have arguments. There will never be a perfect relationship. That's what mom and dad says. I mean, there were times I wasn't exactly Mr. Perfect Mate to Hannah." Liam remarked.

  I wasn't sure how long I could stand this. I looked at my handsome mate, lying there. Normally, people in comas probably look peaceful. But you could plainly see Jake was not peaceful. He had bandages up over his chest and wrists. And a machine to keep him alive..I closed my eyes tightly as if trying to block out this picture. I think part of me was hoping this was all just a nightmare..A very bad nightmare..

 At that moment, my sister mind-linked me. "I'll tell mom and dad you staying over tonight.." It was like she read my mind! 

 "Please stay with me.." I asked her through the mind-link. 

 "Of course, sis. I'm always here for you." 

 "Thanks, Hannah..." I gave a faint smile. I am so grateful to have my little twin sister. If I didn't, I'd be pretty lonely. You may have heard I'm a little shy. Well, that's true. I'm basically the shyest girl in school. Hannah is the only one I hang out with and talk to freely and happily. Anyone else and I'm very, very tense. When I was little I was shy. Hannah is definitely more talkative than I am. She loves making new friends. I do too, but I'm again, I'm pretty shy and quiet, so I don't have many at all. I may be shy, but I wouldn't say I'm a scaredy-cat. I can be brave when I want to be. Like when I stood up to Jake and...rejected him..

Mirah's POV:

It's been a couple days since Jake attempted suicide. The doctor doubts highly that he'll make it. He says he's lost the will to live..Dianna is devastated. She feels really bad about how she treated him. Aviana had tried to heal him, but her attempt was in vain. It didn't do anything. It's like...my little cousin is just...fading away..

 Tanner is still pretty weak. He isn't eating much but he sleeps a lot. He hasn't held his daughter yet. I'm wondering if he still thinks he doesn't deserve us. Against my will, my father and uncles came into my room and literally threatened him. I can not believe them sometimes! It's hard to believe grown men literally act like children at times. I was siting in a chair beside the bed, holding Tana. Tanner was in the bed. He finally broke the silence with a question that answered my suspicions. 

 "Mirah, why did you forgive me? I..basically destroyed your life..And probably harmed our baby in the womb!" 

 "Tanner, I forgave you because I love you. Your my mate. Nothing will ever change how I feel about you. You could attempt to murder me and I'd still love you." 

 He looked at me as if to ask, "Do you really think I'd try to murder you?!" 

 I laughed. "No, I don't think you'd try to murder me. It was just an example. Though Tana may not be a normal child when she gets older, I know she needs you. She needs her daddy. And I know you'll make a great daddy." He shrugged his shoulders. I smiled and put Tana in her crib. Then, I sat down on the bed and took his hands in mine. "Tanner, listen to me. I know you've changed. You know, it isn't about your scars. It's all about what's in your heart. What's in your heart is the only thing that matters. I know you have a lot of scars, but that doesn't matter. What matters is your heart..I love you, my Tanner..And so does Tana." His eyes were full of tears. I hugged him and he cried on my shoulder. 

 "I'm sorry, Mirah! I love you and Tana so much!" 

 "Shh..I know, honey..I know.."