Chapter 29

Sierra's POV:

"Hello...I'm Sierra.." I smiled at my mate. He was still in fox form. I knelt down and pat his head, rubbing gently behind his ears. He growled softly with pleasure. He laid down in my lap. "Are you alright? That was a scary experience.." I said softly. 

 He nodded his head up and down, which was really cute. 

 "Sierra, I think it's time you went home. It's not safe to be near the woods like this." my dad told me. 

 "Yes, dad." I nodded and carefully picked up my mate. He was shocked, but he relaxed in my arms. 

 "We can take you home if you want, Sierra." Jordan replied. 

 "Um...I don't know, Jordan. I am grateful for the offer but-" 

 "Honey, I think I'd feel better if they accompanied you." 

 "Dad, I'm a big girl! I can take care of myself and my mate." 

 "You are a good fighter and you are indeed strong, but your human. A rogue could easily take you apart in a heart beat."

 I rolled my eyes and was about to respond but Aviana interrupted. 

 "How about this. Jordan and I will accompany you from a far distance to the point where we can see you and get to you in time if there is danger. We can take the long way if you and your mate want to spend more time together before we go home."

  I nodded and smiled, eyeing dad for permission. 

 He sighed. "Alright. I'll allow it. Now I'd better go. Your uncles and I have some paperwork to do. We need to report this incident and take care of those rogues that survived Jordan's flames." he responded. 

 "Yes! Thank you, daddy!" I exclaimed and we walked away. I continued to hold my mate in my arms. "I know your scared, my mate. I understand..You can take your time. I want you to be happy," I told my mate gently. His eyes stared up at me. Those adorable, sparkling eyes...

 We finally got home. When I walked inside after saying goodbye to Jordan and Aviana, I could hear my mom, Aunt June, and Aunt Melanie in the living room. I snuck to my room, my mate still in my arms. After I closed my door, I put him on my bed. "I'm not ready to introduce you to my mom." I stated. "It's not because I'm ashamed. I just really don't want to go through her dramatics right now. Well, I don't think your ready for that, just yet." I smiled. 

Her mate's POV:

 I looked up into her eyes as she told me all about herself. My paw ached badly, but I was trying not to show it. I already really liked her, but I was scared. I'm not some one who is super handsome. That's one reason why I haven't shifted. I don't want to show her my human form. She's been really kind. She says I can shift when I feel ready. 

 "We gotta show her sometime, bro." my fox stated. 

 "I know, I know..." I murmured.

  I waited till morning. I slept on her bed, nestled in her embrace. 

 "I could get used to waking up like this...." my fox, Rey, yawned happily.

  I could too, if I'm being honest. 

 After she woke up, she looked at me and smiled. "Morning, my mate! Did you sleep well?" she asked, scratching my ears. Oh, that felt so good....She left for a few minutes to do her business and dress. She came back looking stunning. She wore a teal shirt and gray leggings. Her hair was done in a french braid on each side. 

 How do I know what french braids are? Well, it's a long story that I will share later. As she sat down on the bed beside me, I jumped down. She looked at me confused. "Is everything ok? Do you not like my outfit? I can change if you want." she said. 

 I shook my head, took a deep breath, and shifted back. She gasped when she saw me. "No, Sierra...I love your outfit...You look perfect." I whispered, sitting down beside her. 

 "Y-you shifted..." she said slowly.

  "I understand if you don't like my appearance. I'm not the most attractive man in the world.." 

 "No! I think your handsome just the way you are. Your red hair, your freckles...Believe it or not, I sometimes dreamt of having a mate with lots of cute freckles. Like you.." she smiled at me. 

 "Really?" I asked, not sure if I believed her. 

 She nodded. I smiled at her. "So, what's your name?" 

 "Nolan," I replied, not losing her gaze. 

 "It's nice to meet you, Nolan.." she took my hand. 

 "If you feel ready, you can come down for breakfast. I know my mom will have a lot of questions." she laughed.

  I nodded. "Thank you..I...I will go down with you.." I'm not very good around people. I am from a pack, but I may have run away. I am not an Omega, but I am treated like one. Ever since...my family died...

 "Nolan, your wrist...It looks swollen!" Crud. 

 "Uh...It's nothing, Sierra..." I said, just noticing how much it really hurt. My great-grandfather was human, so I don't heal as fast as a normal were-creature. 

 "It's not nothing, Nolan. Come. My older sister's mate knows how to deal with this kind of stuff. His dad is a pack doctor." I nodded and we went down the stairs. "Tanner!" Sierra exclaimed loudly. 

 "Well good morning to you too, Sierra." a woman, who resembled Sierra said, giving her a stern look. 

 "Sorry, mom." she said sheepishly. "Morning, everyone. This is my mate, Nolan. Tanner, he's hurt. Do you think you could-" 

 "Examine him? Sure." the man that was sitting beside a young woman with a baby, chuckled. "I'm Tanner. Nice to meet you, Nolan." he replied. 

 "Um...Good to meet you, sir.." I said quietly. 

 "Here, have a seat and I'll take a look. I may not be an expert at this. After all, it wasn't me who was the pack doctor. It was my dad." I nodded as he examined my wrist. "Can you move it at all?" he asked. 

 "Well, a little...but it does really kinda hurt." 

 "Hmmm.....Well, I don't think it's broken. I think he just sprained it." Tanner said finally. "I suggest putting some ice on it and wrapping it tightly. But not so tightly it cuts off the circulation, mind you." 

 "I have some frozen cauliflower rice in the freezer. I'll go get it." Sierra's mom stated and went to get the cauliflower. 

 "I can get a sock to wrap it in." a young boy, about Sierra's boy said with a smirk. I stared at him. Was he being serious..?

 "Ian, don't even think about wrapping my mate's wrist in one of your smelly socks!" Sierra chided him. 

 "Son, we should have a bandage in the linen closet." a man, who I assume was Sierra's dad said. I recognized him from yesterday. 

 "Yes, dad." the boy chuckled and left the room. 

 Soon, my wrist was being iced. After my wrist was iced, Tanner wrapped it with the ace-bandage that Ian had brought from the linen closet. 

 "It should heal in a couple days. I do suggest icing it again later on." 

 Sierra and I nodded. 

 "Ok, well, now that your wrist is taken care of, Nolan, would anyone like some breakfast?" 

 "Yes, please!" almost everyone chimed in. I kept quiet. Back at my old pack, I could be rather talkative. But, after mama and daddy died, I kept quiet a lot of the time. 

 "Nolan, are you alright?" Sierra's sweet voice brought me out of my thoughts. "Your crying, Nolan! Is everything ok?" 

 I could hear concern in her voice. I realized then, that I had tears running down my face. "Um...Yea...I'm ok. Don't worry, Sierra." I quickly wiped my eyes and smiled at my mate.