Chapter 18

June's POV:

I stood there in shock as the doctor explained what happened. Aviana just stood there with a smile on her face. 

 "Doctor, the Alpha is awake." a nurse informed us. 

 I couldn't keep my tears in. I just started crying and ran into the room. There, in the bed, was my Ethan, smiling up at me. "Ethan!" I exclaimed, running to him and hugging him tightly. I never wanted to let him go..I almost lost him twice..I don't want to lose my mate again..

 "June, I can't breath." he told me. 

 I let go and smiled at him sheepishly. "Sorry, I was just really excited.." I told him. 

 "It's fine, June. Now, what did I miss?" 

 I explained everything. Including the fact that Liam got his sight back.

  "Wait...Liam can see..??"

  I nodded. "He can see, Ethan..Our baby can see.." 

 Ethan and I hugged each other. We shed tears of joy. 

 "June, how's Jake? You haven't mentioned him." 

 I hesitated. Jake's been in his room since the day Liam got his sight back. 

 "June, what's wrong?"

  I hesitantly told him about Jake. I wanted to save him stress and worry..But I know he does have the right to know. He's his father. 

 "Jake's been in his room since Liam got his sight? How long have I been here??" 

 "Um..at least five or six months.." Ethan stared at me as I continued. "Jordan's mate somehow healed you..Completely..I don't know how..But I'm glad she was able to. I don't know what I'd do without you, Ethan. I love you.." 

 He smiled at me. "I love you too, June."

  We spent a few more minutes alone together before I opened the door and let our nieces, nephews, and Jordan's mate, Aviana inside. 

 "Uncle Ethan, I'm glad your alright!" Bryce exclaimed. 

 "Thank you, Bryce." Ethan smiled at his nephew's energetic behavior. He then turned to Jordan, who had his arm around Aviana. "This young lady must be your mate. I must admit, she is quite pretty."

  I cleared my throat and Ethan chuckled. 

 "Don't worry, June. You are the prettiest woman I've ever seen." 

 I blushed as Jordan introduced him to Aviana. 

 "It's nice to meet you sir," Aviana replied. 

 "Well, it's nice to meet you too, Aviana. I've heard a little bit about you from June. She said you were the one who healed me." 

 She nodded. "That's true, sir. I admit, I don't know how..I just felt I had to and I guess I did it.." 

 "Well, young lady, I'm grateful to you." Aviana was red with embarrassment. 

 "Uncle Ethan!" Mirah, with Tana in her arms, rushed into the room. 

 Ethan smiled. "Hello, Mirah.." Then, a look of confusion spread across his face. "Is that your baby? I didn't know you were pregnant when you moved back here." he asked. 

 "Yes, uncle. This is your niece, Tana. I named her after Tanner." she replied. 

 "Where is Tanner?" I asked. 

 "He's home resting. He's still pretty weak. I'm a little worried.." 

 "What happened between you two, Mirah?" Ethan asked. I hadn't yet heard what happened either. So, when she explained what happened I was shocked. Ethan was angry. "When I get out of here, I'm gonna make sure he never sees the light of day again!"