Chapter 11

Xander's POV:

I stood there stunned as we watched Liam and Hannah go up the stairs. 

 "Do you think we were too hard.." my sister Xandra asked. 

 I shrugged. "I don't know, sissie. I really don't.." I responded, putting my arm around my sister. 

 "What's going on, guys?" our cousin, Jordan asked, walking in the room. 

 His siblings, Mirah, Siarra, and Ian were with him. They were Uncle Mason's kids. 

 Mark and Jillian explained. By this time, we were all sitting down in the living room. 

 "What do you think? Were we too hard? Too...cold?" Xandra asked Mirah. 

  Mirah was twenty-one. She was pretty smart and already had her mate, too. "Well, let me put it this way. Do you remember what grandmother did for our great-grandfather?"

  We nodded. "She sacrificed herself for him." Jillian answered. 

 "Yes. And, what was he like towards her before that?" 

 "He was real mean." I said.

  Mirah nodded. "Do you know why she did it?" 

 "Grandmother Angela believed in second chances.." Xandra answered. 

 Mirah smiled.

  "What she's trying to say is, we were all taught that we should give others a second chance. Grandmother, like you said, Xandra, believed that we all deserve a second chance. And, if great-grandfather could change, why can't Jake?" Ian replied.

  "Basically, Liam believes Jake has really changed. Maybe, you should try and give him a chance too." Jordan, their eighteen year-old brother said. 

 "We aren't saying you should help them, if you don't want to. But, we do think you should at least support them." Siarra said, in her pretty, quiet voice. 

 I sighed. 

 "So...I guess we were a little hard..even cold.." Xandra commented. 

 They nodded. 

 "I guess we owe Liam, Hannah, and Jake an apology.." Mark replied. 

 "Guess so..Y'know, Dianna and I have become pretty close friends. I'd like to help them track her down. What do you say, brother?" 

 Mark shrugged. "It wouldn't hurt. Plus, I can't win an argument with you, so I can't change your mind. So, just to make sure you don't do anything stupid, I'd better come along." 

 "I'm going too!" Xandra joined in.

  I just sat there not saying anything. I was still a little hesitant. 

 "Mirah, do you think we could help too?" Siarra asked. 

 Mirah smiled. "Sure, we can. Ian, Jordan, would you like to help?" 

 "Yes!" they said in unison. 

 "Well, we're all in agreement then. What about you, Xander?" 

 "Um..I guess so.." I said quietly. I'd feel like an oddball if I didn't agree. 

 The grownups will be doing their own investigation. They've had lots of experience with tracking where as, we haven't. I'm just as concerned as the next person about Dianna, but come on! I don't want to embarrass myself in front of everybody. Adults especially. Ok, yes, as you can see, I have some..self-conscious problems. While everyone else can do things and not worry about it, I think about if it'll make me look dumb. And...I kinda compare myself to others sometimes. I can't really do much but my cousins can do plenty. These are my secrets I haven't even told my twin sister. And Xandra and I are pretty close. We tell each other practically everything. 

 "Well then, since we're all in agreement, how about we go upstairs and tell Jake, Liam, and Hannah." Mirah replied. We all nodded and followed Mirah, Jordan, Ian, and Siarra upstairs.

"Jake, we were wondering if you could use a few extra hands in your case." Jordan said, when we got up there. 

 "Sure! The more people I have helping me, the better chance we'll have at finding Dianna. Thank you so much, guys!" 

 "Of course, Jake!" Ian and Siarra smiled. 

 Siarra was a little shy. She was quiet a lot of the time. 

 "So, Jake, when do we start?" Liam asked. 

 "Tomorrow. I'd like to train a bit first, just so I'm ready." 

 "Ok then, I guess we'd all better get a good night sleep tonight. Tomorrow, we set off."

Unknown POV:

I know their coming for me..And that's the whole point. If I can get those sons of the Alpha, then the Alpha will fall right into my hands..Why didn't I just kidnap the boys? Because they are too hard to capture. This little girl was much easier. And, if I'm right, and she's the mate of one of them, my plan will succeed and I'll have my revenge! 

 "Please, just let me go! I want to go home!" the girl exclaimed. 

 "I don't care what you want! You are the bait to bringing your mate and his brother here." I told her. 

 "Jake and I aren't even on speaking terms! He's the biggest bully in the pack and I rejected him. So, your wasting your time." 

 "I am seriously annoyed with your voice right now, little girl! Don't tell me if I'm wasting my time. I happen to know, I'm not." 

 "And how would you know that, huh?" she said sarcastically. 

 I took off the mask I was wearing and came into the light. 

 She gasped. "You! H-how could you?! We trusted you!"

  I just smirked. "Well, you snooze you lose. Now, hold still so I can put this gag on you. I'm tired of listening to your annoying voice!"