Chapter 31

Liam's POV:

"Boys! One at a time! Please!" Keith and James, my cousins were asking me all kinds of questions. 

 "Keith, James, let's let Cousin Liam get ready for his ceremony." Uncle Cole replied. 

 "Aww but dad!" Keith protested. 

 "It's ok, Uncle Cole. They were actually helping me a little." I smiled. 

 "Well, alright. But of they start to bug you, just let me know." 

 "Yes, Uncle Cole." I said, as I heard him walk away. 

 "So, Liam, tell us what it's like being blind! Please?" James begged. 

 "Well, it's very different from seeing. You are basically just living in darkness. There is no light whatsoever. It's only darkness. Darkness all around you. When you first become blind, it's pretty scary. It's completely different than what your used to. But, you do get used to it. But, in my case, I did get used to it, but I was using my blindness as an excuse as to why I couldn't do things. The truth was, I couldn't do them, because I never tried." "Wow...I don't know if I'd like being blind.." Keith remarked. 

 "I hope you two never have to experience it. Being blind isn't a game. It's serious." I told them. 

 "Liam, you did get your sight back, right?"

  I nodded. 

 "What was it like?" 

 I smiled at the thought. "Well, pretty freaky at first. I had no idea what was happening. I woke up to a blurry, bright light. And then blurry figures were at my side in a hurry. One, was my mate, Hannah. The other was the doctor. When I realized what was going on, I couldn't believe it. Hannah, for one, was more beautiful than I could have ever imagined. When I saw my mom, it was really emotional. So, you could say, when I got my sight back, it was scary and emotional. Because, after I went blind, the more time that past, I forgot what it was like to be able to see. But that experience of getting my sight back, I'll never forget. Seeing is amazing. We take that for grantid. I know I did before I went blind. When your blind, you miss out on so many things. All the colors and beauty around you." 

 "Liam, can I ask you another question?" James asked. 

 I laughed. "Of course, James! You two can ask as many questions as you want." 

 "Ok, well, why did you give up your sight? I heard Jake was really mean to you. But you gave up your sight so he could live." 

 "I did it, because I loved him. He's my brother, no matter what he did. I knew he'd changed. He just couldn't see that himself. Cherish the things you have while they last, boys. They aren't going to be around forever. Like family, and sight." 

 "We will!" the two chimed in. I chuckled. 

 "Ok, ok. Now get this suit ready for the day after tomorrow. I don't wanna get married in my pajamas!" 

 We laughed as we got the suit out. The boys were helping me iron it. If we needed help, we were going to call Janie. She's a real good seamstress. 

 "Um...Liam, is the iron supposed to smoke like that?" Keith asked me, as James and I was grabbing my shoes for tomorrow. 

 "I don't think so. Why?" I asked. 

 "Because it is smoking!" 

 I gasped and grabbed the iron. Unfortunately for my bedroom floor, I dropped it. 

 "James, go get Janie please." I commented with a groan. 

 "I'm already here. Liam, when you leave an iron, don't leave it on the clothes your ironing!" I am sure she was rolling her eyes as she went over to the iron to pick it up. "You stand it upright like this." She was probably demonstrating for the boys. "Ok, now, I think you've done enough ironing to this poor suit. And apparently, I have some sewing to do." Oops...I think we burned a hole in it. 

 *Two hours later*

"Mia! It's not funny!" I exclaimed. I had been trying to explain to Mia where her sister was and why she was sewing my suit. 

 "Your right. It's not." Mia held off laughing a couple seconds before starting again. "I'm sorry, Liam. Your right. It's not that funny.." she was holding back her laughter. I could tell. 

 "What's going on?" I heard Hannah's voice approach us. 

 "Nothing, Hannah. It's fine." I told her. 

 "Alright then. Lynn and I are going to try one last dress shop. I can't believe I haven't found anything yet..." she remarked ruefully.

  "Don't worry, Hannah. Remember, even if you got married in your pajamas, you would still look like a queen." I was hoping I was smiling at her. 

 "Thank you, Liam. That means a lot.." she kissed me. "I'll see you later on, Liam!" she said goodbye and left.