𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

A small canine, specifically a wolf, was running away right behind the other animals

A small canine, specifically a wolf, was running away right behind the other animals. All of them had the similar shade of blue on their fur, plumage, and scales.

You were behind the pack, scared and crying. Moments ago you were happily playing with your mom, then the next, you were all being attacked by the Navy.

Amaya, your mom, stayed behind, along with the other three clan leaders, to hold them down as the people ran away from the danger. Your light blue fur was slowly staining with the ashes of the fire that was spreading around the deep forest.

The night wasn't helping. You were still young, five years old specifically, and you didn't still develop the night vision.

Loud gunshots were heard from behind, and you instinctively ducked your head down, but you closed your eyes and tripped with a tree root.

Fallen down on the dirt, you tried to get up, whimpering from the slight pain you were feeling on your head. A periwinkle fox with the tail resembling the sea waves grabbed with their mouth the back of your furred neck and continued the leakage.

This fox was the assistant and butler of the family, and his last mission, dictated by Amaya, was to ran away with you, to keep you safe. Daisuke was his name.

Footsteps were getting closer, followed by gunshots, but the fox was smarter and slippery. He dodged all the bullets and lost them between the thick forest, and soon caught up to the other animals. You could see the beach, and the thunderous weather surrounding your homeland.

From the sky, you could see the people from the island of the north in their animal forms fleeing from their homes.

Unfair. Injustice. This is treason.

With rage, you glanced back in the forest, where marines were slowly persecuting them all.

You were glaring at them with all the hate you could muster, even if you were a child, you could understand what was happening.

Daisuke was still holding you, and soon he was running on the sea along the other people from the island of the east, your home. The sea was raging as the waves were tall and strong.

The rain was heavy, and some mist began to cover the way. But the noise that makes the cannon when shooting alarmed the people.

The fox cursed in his mind, and avoided the cannonballs aimed at him. In the sky, you could see blue birds flapping their wings strongly against the warships from the Navy.

From the wind pressure, some were destroyed and others were overturned. Their cries got the attention of the enemy, and the left ones focused on them as the others ran away.

Daisuke placed you on his back, still running and behind the whole pack.

"Keep running! The twins will hold them down as we all go to Sabaody! Don't get split from the group!" The rest did their scream in confirmation and went in a straight line.

He turned slightly his head to the side, your eyes locking with him. "Don't worry my lady, we will get you to a temporary safe place."

You nodded, and looked back to the island. The roaring of the animal forms of the four clan leaders made the entire place trembling. You could see your mother facing someone strong along the others.

Praying for their safety, you hoped for the best, but the link with your mother was weakening, and you knew what was about to happen. You closed your blue eyes and faced the other way.

Another set of cannonballs were aimed at you, but it almost hit you. It made the waters that Daisuke was running to shake more than it was already with the storm. He almost lost his footing, but quickly recovered stability.

He ran, avoiding the giant metal balls and trying to caught up with the main group, but it was very difficult.

"Hold on tight my lady!" you did as he told you with your baby claws on his fur.

The fox avoided the following shots, stumbling on his steps but regained steadiness. It kept going like that, until one was aimed directly on his footing, and Daisuke fell.

You did your best to hold on tight, but the raging waves and the constant rain of cannonballs, adding that your small strength, wasn't helping and let go of him.

"Daisuke-san!"

You yelled, surprised and scared as the ocean currents were drifting you away from the kind butler.

"My lady!"