𝟓, ᴡʜᴀᴛ ɪ ᴡᴀɴᴛ

◖ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ɪ ᴡᴀɴᴛ ◗

Staring at the lil guy with freckles on his face got you truly marveled by him

Staring at the lil guy with freckles on his face got you truly marveled by him. You didn't know why, but a new feeling grew inside you. It felt like happiness at the same time of wanting to protect this newfound sunshine.

Without you noticing, your tail was wagging while you were laying down on the floor.

Your blue orbs were staring at his black ones. He, strangely, felt safe with you. He waited for you to do something, but you were just gazing at him. Ace scratched his cheek, tilting his head to the side. He still needed to know what your name was, if you had one. 

Which you do, but you didn't know how to. Talking telepathically would scare him off, he was still a kid, and you estimated that he was at least three years younger than you. Writing? Nu-huh, nope. You highly doubt that he could read if he was living here in the forest. 

Okay question here. Where does Ace live?

Because if he leaves alone here, you are definitely gonna either take him with you or stay to take care of this reckless kid, which you didn't know until a little further from this chapter. You tickled him again and grabbed the back of his red and, still big, red tank top.

"H-Hey! What are you doin'?!" He yelled at you alarmed. 

Ignoring his bad mouth, you placed him on your back and stood up. Ace gripped your thick fur tightly and held on tight.

You began to walk to where you came from, you wanted to show Shanks your new friend. The freckled boy was actually enjoying being carried like this and giggled. 

You were enjoying his happiness. The thick forest was clearing away as you were nearing the edge of the town, and you knew that there Red Hair Pirates were still getting wasted in the bar, so you didn't waste time searching in every other place. 

As you neared the local pub, you could feel the uneasiness of the little boy, and you whined alright while looking at him from the corner of your eye, telling him it was alright. He nodded at you and wondered in the meantime how in the world he trusted you that quickly. 

You arrived through the main road, and Party's Bar just a couple of steps more. You could hear the commotion the pirates were doing. Internally sighing, you pushed the door open with your head, and went inside with the kid still on you. 

Everyone was drinking, eating or even dancing. A normal situation if we're talking about the Red Hair pirates, knowing that partying is their favorite thing to do. The only one who noticed your presence was the sane and responsible adult you know. He looked at you with a lifted brow. 

You walked to him with the child on your back, his tighter as he felt kind of overwhelmed with so many people in here. You bet he lived in the forest.