𝟐𝟒, ɪғ ᴡᴇ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ʜᴏɴᴇsᴛ

◖ ɪғ ᴡᴇ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ʜᴏɴᴇsᴛ ◗

'text': thoughtstext: flashbackThis chapter holds lots of flashbacks that alternate between present and past

'text': thoughts
text: flashback
This chapter holds lots of flashbacks that alternate between present and past. Can be confusing, sorry.

AS YOU WALKED AWAY, Marco was gazing at your back becoming smaller and smaller by the distance. It was like he was losing you, well, he did that just right there.

He bit his lip and frowned, cursing at his stubbornness and stupidity. How could he just tell you that? To change your personality, lying to yourself just because he wanted you safe?

'Are you even using your brain anymore yoi?', he thought harshly. 'No, I'm not'.

He hid his eyes behind his hand while the other went to his waist. If Marco kept putting more pressure he would– oh there you go. His lip was bleeding.

'I wish I could take that back yoi.'

As Marco was scolding and torturing himself inside his mind, Sabo stood there shocked and unable to do or say something, he was stunned. The young blonde boy looked at the way his older sister went and at the older blonde.

He could tell that something was going on between them but he was so caught up about you guys being reunited that he was oblivious to it, mostly.

Sabo rubbed the back of his head and gave a nervous chuckle. "Now this is awkward... "

Marco huffed tiredly, still hiding his upper face, "I'm sorry for that... Y/N and I don't usually fight, and neither is this bad... "

"It's fine, but– she's right," Sabo stared directly at his eyes, even though he couldn't see his dark orbs.

He dragged his hand down his face and gazed back at Sabo with a lost look, "I know yoi."

"I'll go get her," and the boy left to get you.

.・゜゜・

Your feet stomped as you strolled through the thick forest without a destiny in mind. You huffed, still mad about what Marco just told you, disappointed that he told you that.

Furiously, your hands were brushing the tears off your eyes and face, and hurting yourself while doing it. You hated it.

You hated it.

You hated him.

CLENCH.

'Ow... ', you thought as you held your chest, stopping in your tracks and your knees almost failing you.

Yeah, you couldn't, can't and wouldn't hate him even though he hurt you. It was your damned curse that prevented you from doing that, cause if you did, your heart would clench to the point that it could fail you and you would die.