𝟏𝟐, ʜᴇᴀʟɪɴɢ

◖ ʜᴇᴀʟɪɴɢ ◗

a/n: yes, almost double update

a/n: yes, almost double update. I got inspired.

You looked down, and with wobbly hands, you held his buff arms, but you didn’t pay attention to that. He heard a sob, and then another, he heard droplets fall on the floor and lastly, he saw your body shake as you cried. Marco saw you leaning on him as you cried in relief, and he smiled, patting your head.

Hugging him fully, you let out all the feelings you hid through all these years under slavery, behind a strong facade and avoiding any kind of harm that would hurt your mental health any further, such as harassing you sexually. No one will take your purity unless they’re the right one.

And, funnily, it felt right to be in this stranger’s arms. As you finished crying, you slowly pulled apart. He was kind enough to hold you and be patient to let you take your time. You were looking down, kind of ashamed that you cried in front of him, until you felt a warm fabric on your shoulders.

Looking at the purple and big shoulders, your eyes went up to his strong figure standing up. That’s when you noticed how ripped this man was. Your eyes shone a little and Marco barely caught that.

The blond man held his hand out and hesitantly, you grabbed it and slowly, he pulled you up and your legs almost gave up if it wasn’t for him holding your forearms. “I’ll help you.” And he just swapped off of your feet to hold you in bridal style.

You held your hands on your chest, processing what he just did. You looked at him, and then at the floor. You squealed in surprise when he began to walk out of the darkness, and when he stepped on the deck, the sun blinded you. With your hand, covered almost with the long sleeve, you shaded your eyes for a second.

Adjusting to the sunlight, Marco noticed that you had red marks around the places where the shackles restrained you. Without noticing it, he lights up his body with blue flames, scaring you.

“Y-You’re on fire!”

He saw your distress, and he did his best to calm you down. “No, no, no! It’s okay yoi! It’s only my devil fruit! See? It isn’t hurting either you and I, right?”

You slowed your breath, and looked at the blue and yellow flames surrounding the both of you. With curiosity you touched it and played with it as he observed you. “It’s- It’s warm…”

“And it heals.”

“Really?”

He nodded. “Look.”

With care, he placed his hand on your wrists and with ease, the burns were fading. She looked at the process with wonder lingering in her blue orbs. Marco could feel like he was taking her out of her closed self, or at least distracting her from her mind. Either way, he was helping her.