𝟏, ᴛʀɪᴘ

◖ ᴛʀɪᴘ ◗

Two oruguitasIn love and yearningSpend every eveningAnd morning learningTo hold each otherTheir hunger burningTo navigate a worldThat turns, and never stops turningTogether in this worldThat turns, and never stops turning

Two oruguitas
In love and yearning
Spend every evening
And morning learning
To hold each other
Their hunger burning
To navigate a world
That turns, and never stops turning
Together in this world
That turns, and never stops turning

You woke up with the lullaby that your father used to sing to you before going to sleep. You knew that any knowledge with music and singing was not his best, but it helped you to calm. 

Just a five-year-old, alone and scared, waking up on an isolated island. 

You shape-shifted to your human form, and looked at the sea before you. You were sitting on the sand of the beach while drying your tears. Scared, you stood up and gazed up at the immense jungle behind you. 

By looking at it, you could tell that it was huge with mysterious creatures lurking from the shadows. You gulped down dry saliva, and put on your brave face. If you were going to be alone, then at least do something to be strong. 

You sniffled, clearing the small snout, and with new determination, walked inside the forest. Walking between the flora, you learned from your mother some things such as which plants were edible or not, to train her heightened senses, and that you could communicate with animals. 

The last one was very convenient because you were still a child, and you didn’t have the strength to fight the animals on this island. As you were peacefully walking, you encountered a pack of wolves near the river. 

You almost got caught if you didn’t hide behind some bushes. In this situation you had to think, but it wasn't your forte at the moment. The first thing you thought, that made kind of sense, was to shape-shift to wolfie again. 

The leader and alpha of the pack walked to check what he smelled a presence behind the bush to find a wolf cub with blue fur. He tilted his head to the side, but shrugged it off. He held her from the thick pelt from your neck, and brought her to the rest of the pack. 

If you are going to get stronger, then you’ll learn from your same species. 

You were being sniffed by the mate of the alpha and licked your cheek in acceptance. First objective is accomplished, you cheer inside your mind. Now all you have to do is learn. 

And that’s what you did for the following weeks. By trying to understand what they were saying to you, you learned how to be sneaky and hunt. The morning runs you did with the alpha helped you with speed and agility, and when night came you would go out and train in your human form with your hydrokinesis powers.

You were mostly by the river or near the waterfall because it reminded you of your home.  

It was night, and you were practicing with your water abilities by the river. You went out of the cave you were living with the pack of wolves when they were all sleeping, or that’s what you expected.