𝟗, ᴍᴏɴᴋᴇʏ ᴅ. ʟᴜғғʏ

◖ ᴍᴏɴᴋᴇʏ ᴅ. ʟᴜғғʏ ◗

You pushed the door open and went out of the hut

You pushed the door open and went out of the hut. Yawning and rubbing the sleep off of your eyes, you walked to the cliff. The sky was still dark as it was early in the morning, and you couldn't sleep any more because of those nightmares you get from the past. It was annoying.

Your feet, without any footwear, took you to your usual destination. The cliff where all ended and began at the same time. You still had mixed feelings towards your mother, but you were kind of grateful because if she didn't appear and tell you to stay, you wouldn't have to brave boys that you considered family.

As you thought about it, you realized that from nothing, you achieved more members of your weird and big family. You smiled and sat on the cold and fresh grass when you got there. Sighing, your blue eyes looked at the horizon where the sky and the sea met. Slowly, the light of the sun began to rise from the line.

It was funny. Every time you looked at the dawn, an old story would always pop up from your mind.

There was a time when there was no sun, only the moon shined the whole world by themselves. The Moon was lonely being the only one bringing light to the lands, even though they had friends, the Sea and the Sky. The Moon thought that if they unify them together, their descendants will be their friend too in their reign.

So the Moon made them both meet, and at first, it was a cold interaction. But thanks to the Sky's friendly and charismatic personality, he wooed the Sea and enamored her. The days would pass and both the Sky and the Sea would be inseparable. Everywhere you turned, they would be together, tight by the hip. Both different elements were very in love with each other.

The Moon couldn't wait for the birth of a new friend, and when they least expected it, the manifestation of their love was born. The Sea had a child in her arms, smiling and crying with the Sky embracing them both. The Moon came to them and with their power, they made the child shine brighter than the Moon.

Then, the child was taken to the place where the Moon reigned and by the Sea's wishes, the child was called the Sun. Every morning, the Sun would rise to where the Moon was, and when the afternoon came, the Sun would come down to his parents.

And that was how the dawn and the sunsets were made, by the Sea and the Sky, and the fruit of their love.

You sighed, wishing that someday that kind of love would knock on your heart's door. The sun was already going up the still dark blue blanket. The white clouds appeared and moved along the wind.

The sea breeze pushed your hair back, and it felt like it was telling you to go back to the hut. You stood up and walked to your destination as your feet were being brushed by the green grass.