𝟒, ɢʀᴏᴡɪɴɢ

ɢʀᴏᴡɪɴɢ

A brand-new day with clear skies, the sea breeze pushing the sails forward and creatures passing beside the vessel

A brand-new day with clear skies, the sea breeze pushing the sails forward and creatures passing beside the vessel. The waves being cut as the ship went it's way and the chattering and steps on the wood. What a beautiful environment.

Sitting above the Viking themed bowsprit of the Red Force was a figure of a young girl. Her black hair flowing with the wind and a big smile decorated her tanned face. It was you, and you were now nine.

"Y/N! It's training time!"

"Coming!"

For the past three years with the Red Hair pirates, you learned a lot about the world and how to survive. The uncountable fights against the Navy, the adventures you got to be on the islands the ship docked, and the parties you got to witness where everyone got wasted, except for Benn of course.

It was so much fun.

But every fun has its sad part. The scar on your back never faded. Every time someone saw them they would be sad, and frown with frustration. You could feel it. It wasn't their fault, and you reminded them of that.

Going down the bowsprit, sliding down the railings and landing perfectly on the deck. You made yourself before your captain with a new-found determination that had been growing the past months, and that's to grow stronger than ever.

"Just in time Wolfie! We're going to practice those strong kicks you do, so don't hold back, okay?" He said with that contagious chuckle of his.

"Yes captain!" You saluted jokingly with the same goofy smile.

"Then let's begin!"

And that was your cue to run rapidly to his masculine figure, standing alone on the deck. You jumped high and readied your roundhouse kick after spinning one time to give more inertia and strength to the attack.

Easily, Shanks blocked it with his single arm without taking any wound. But it made his extremity shake a little. For the two of you, this was a game of tug of war, you give him your best, and he gives you his best, moderately.

"Good! Keep going, you're almost there to make it!" He countered your kick and you jumped back. You nodded and suddenly made an uncomfortable expression.

"This is very uncomfortable… " You mumbled to yourself as you kicked your footwear off. "Much better!"

"You are taking too long! "

"Sorry captain!"

Not wasting more time, you quickly approached the redhead and swept your leg on his feet. He lost his footing but quickly stood up again. Shanks smirked at the fast thinking of yours. He then came upon you in front of him doing a sidekick to his stomach, but got immediately blocked. The wind force that came with the kick blew his black cloak back.