𝟐𝟎, ᴏɴ ᴍʏ ᴡᴀʏ

◖ ᴏɴ ᴍʏ ᴡᴀʏ ◗

MARCO WAS still holding you tightly

MARCO WAS still holding you tightly. His arms were like a barrier to any harm that could come to you. His warmth was like the blanket you had as a child that could fight the monsters under your bed. His heartbeat was like your beacon of life.

In other words, you felt safe.

You hugged him back with your arms around his lower back. You were small compared to him. You hid your face on the crook of his neck and you could smell his comforting aroma. With him by your side, you could feel that everything will be alright.

He closed his eyes as he focused on making you feel better, which he did but we’re not gonna tell him, as his heart was making it a difficult task. You within his arms felt like heaven. Then, he felt you move but didn’t let go until you told him so.

“I– I’m sorry Marco-a…” you apologized.

“For what?”

“For crying…”

“You shouldn’t apologize for that, it’s something normal that happens to all of us-yoi.” He said and caressed your head. “Besides, you weren’t in control of the situation.”

“But I made you worry, and I almost got crushed… and almost lost my chance too… ”

“Yeah, you really scared me there-yoi.” Marco sighed and hugged you tightly without noticing. He then realized the last thing you said. “And what chance are you talking about?”

You pulled apart and looked at your hands in your lap with a nostalgic smile. “The chance to see my little brothers again.”

“Those three troublemakers-yoi?” He asked and you hummed in response.

“I came to realize that if I want to see them again, I must do something immediately.” You leaned back on his chest, ear to his heartbeat.

“So you’re planning on leaving.” He said with a sad tone in it. He would be very sad if you leave the crew.

“Yes and no.”

“How so-yoi?”

“I don’t want to leave you guys, but I want to find my family. The reason I turned myself in to the World Nobles was to give them the freedom I’ve never had.” You placed your arms around his back again and closed your eyes. “If I did leave, I would be leaving my other family behind and I don’t want to.”

Marco looked down at you and hugged you back with his lazy smile on his face. He placed his chin above your head after giving you a kiss on your head. That was out of instinct.

“You really have a golden heart-yoi.”

“But if I did I would not be alive, right?”

“Y/N, it’s an expression-yoi.”