𝟔, ᴡᴇ'ᴠᴇ ɢᴏᴛ ᴇᴀᴄʜ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀ

◖ ᴡᴇ'ᴠᴇ ɢᴏᴛ ᴇᴀᴄʜ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ◗

"I must stay here."

Shanks stared at you dumbfounded. He couldn't believe what you were saying, and soon the surrounding noise was deafened. His mind had a thousand thoughts running around and fading seconds later. Stay? Here? But you spent three years with all of them. 

Why now? 

The redhead was staring at the slumping and shaky figure of the little girl in front of him. He took care of this kid since they picked her up from an uncharted island, like, three years ago. Wasn't enough time to make you stay in the crew? 

The hands that were on your shoulders tightened its grip to the point that you squealed in pain. Shanks got out of trance and apologized to you. 

"Sorry… " He mumbled, enough for you to hear it. His mind wasn't clear, and you could sense it. "Why so suddenly want to stay here? Aren't you happy with us?" 

Crewmates heard what the captain said to you and dropped what they were doing to listen clearly to what was happening. They were astounded to catch up to the words of you leaving the crew. 

"I- I'm very happy with you guys! I love you all, and I'm grateful that you took me in, even if I'm just a child!" You answered him with tears in the corner of your eyes. Indeed, you were grateful to them. 

"Then why do you want to leave?" Your childish captain asked you again. 

With effort, you swallowed another lump in your throat, swallowing the desire to cry. You played with the long sleeves, staring down and closed your eyes to prepare yourself. You took a deep shaky breath and looked at your captain's dark eyes. 

"I don't want to leave… " 

"Then-" 

"But it's an order I have to follow." Brave facade in your face, you looked up at him, locking eyes. He noticed that your blue vibrant eyes were terrified and almost lost that beautiful light in them. 

"Who told you?" His voice turned demanding and authoritarian. It was obvious that Shanks was very worried about your sudden decision. 

"... My mother. " 

He couldn't comprehend a thing. You were being tormented by your own mother, but you told him that she perished four years ago, and you were miles away from where you come from. This was impossible, yet again, the world has a lot of mysteries. 

"You can't do anything about it, can you?" You shook your head no. No one can make you do otherwise. 

"I promised her that this will be the last order I'll listen to." You added looking down again. 

Shanks was disappointed that you couldn't travel with them anymore, but a promise is a promise, and you must keep that. He pulled you closer, and hugged you tightly, feeling that if he lets go, that little kid he took in would fade away to nothingness.