𝟖, ᴘᴏʀᴛɢᴀs ᴅ. ᴀᴄᴇ

◖ ᴘᴏʀᴛɢᴀs ᴅ. ᴀᴄᴇ ◗

Ace sat on the side of the futon you were sleeping on

Ace sat on the side of the futon you were sleeping on. Cross-legged, arms crossed and his pipeline beside him. He had been sitting there for the past three hours since the adults had patched you up.

You weren't waking up, and he didn't expect you to do it. You were bleeding when he found you. Never in his life, he'll ever forget what happened today.

When the three mentioned people were working on you after he picked you up, bringing you inside the house, he saw how they were sweating and working fast. The silence that dominated the situation was deafening for him, and his accelerated pumping of his heart was the only thing he could hear.

The freckled boy knew they weren't professionals, but they could do something, and they did. Now you were laying down, peacefully, silently on the futon with bandages covering the upper part of your body and your neck.

The door of their shared room opened. "Ace? I heard something had happened in the village and-"

Sabo was immediately cut-off when he saw the older girl unconscious with a lot of bandages covering her. He rushed and kneeled beside his only and dear friend with desperate eyes.

"What happened?! " He asked, his own pipeline was thrown somewhere around the room.

Ace didn't look at him, feeling his stare. "The local sea king almost bit her neck off. Luckily, only it's teeth grazed her skin."

The blond boy couldn't believe it. A few hours prior, they were all fine, she was fine and smiling, but it changed the situation abruptly. He couldn't understand a thing.

"What Dadan told me is that she's fine. She just needs to rest. " His stoic expression didn't waver, and Sabo knew that he was hiding it.

.・゜゜・

Days had passed and you weren't waking up. After every training session with Sabo, and some stealing around town, he would sit by your side and take care of you. You were always for him, it's his turn now.

Ace would check your temperature, tell Dadan to change your bandages and bring you water to drink, even if you were still in your dreams.

He heard from his friend that the Red Hair pirates were sailing again today after they didn't find any clues of you and restocked all they needed for this long voyage. He should go down to tell them you were okay.

The freckled boy pulled the sheet over your shoulders again, and stood up. He grabbed his pipeline and headed to the door. Before closing it, he looked at you.

"I'll be out for a few minutes Y/N." And he left.

Walking down the stairs, he found Dadan drinking again, but this time, it was all quiet. Too silent for his taste. He tried to ignore it and went to the door. But before he went outside, he turned his head to her.