𝟐𝟑, ᴛᴏɢᴇᴛʜᴇʀ ᴀɢᴀɪɴ

◖ ᴛᴏɢᴇᴛʜᴇʀ ᴀɢᴀɪɴ ◗

'text': thoughts.
text: flashback/past.
this chapter can be confusing, I think. I don't know.

YOU DASHED so fast through the rooftops that it was difficult for Marco to keep up with you even though he was the one who was flying. 

At the very edge of the town, where the thick forest began, you stopped right at the entrance. Patting heavily of the sudden rush as the adrenaline was wearing off and all the effort was coming over you. 

You pushed your sunglasses up and stared ahead as Marco landed right behind you, rushing quickly to your side. He looked at you with worried and perplexed eyes. Within your vibrant eyes, something shone. 

"Y/N what the hell is going on yoi?" he asked, tired. 

You turned your head to him and showed him a nervous smile. He could tell that the tears on your eyes were about to spill. 

"Y/N?" Marco asked again. 

"I– I saw him… I swear I– I followed his scent and he's right there!" you tried to explain but your mouth could only muster pure nonsense. Your eyes drifted again to the forest, where the smell lingered longer. 

"Who you saw?" 

"My brother…" 

Marco stared wide eyed at you as he held your shoulders. You held wrists, still staring at the wide green territory with mixed feelings of excitement and nervousness, sadness and happiness… 

He frowned. Not deeply enough to be somehow angry, but concerned. It was only three days away from Moby Dick, and you already found one of those three mysterious brothers. 

For him, it sounded suspicious, but perhaps, destiny decided to be gracious this time, for you. Marco sighed after taking a good look at you. 

You were like an excited puppy. 

"Are you sure it's him yoi?" you nodded quickly. "But we must be careful, we don't know what danger lies in this forest, okay?" you nodded again. 

He chuckled and enveloped your hand with his. "Lead the way." 

.・゜゜・

"No way… "

Sabo almost dropped his weapon but quickly put his guard up again. He couldn't let that fool him. For as long as he knew, his sister was still under the influence of a world noble. Not here, that would be impossible. 

'Is it?

He shook his head to get rid of a false hope and glared around him. The presence was closer and stronger. He soon forgot that his hat was laying on the dirt.