33| We're Exclusive. Now What?

For as long as I can remember, I've been known around school as the guy who was always late to class

For as long as I can remember, I've been known around school as the guy who was always late to class. It annoyed my teachers, the principal, and even my friends on occasion. And that was usually because I was hooking up with some random girl. Or Happy Meal, as my annoying baby sister liked to call them. I hated the damn nickname. But as far as being late...I've learned that there could be a very enjoyable benefit of arriving early.

Like parking my jeep in a secluded part of the parking lot while I waited for Karma. When she texted me this morning and asked me to meet her here early, I was so fucking on board with that plan. Especially since we didn't get much of a chance to talk after she came to my window, confessed how she was feeling, and we became a real couple.

There wasn't much talking after that. Our mouths were too busy participating in the world's longest make-out session. I'm sure we could have made the Guniess Book of World Records or something. And another thing I discovered was that I really, really enjoyed having Karma in my bed.

But now there was something important that needed to be addressed. We're exclusive. Now the hell what? I had no idea what being a boyfriend entailed. What was I supposed to do? I mean, I knew it had to go past carrying her books and beating up any asshole who even thought about what she looked like naked, but that wasn't all there was to it, right?

I would have asked her yesterday if it wasn't for Lanie coming home early from the mall with mom. Karma panicked and didn't want to be caught in my bed. She wanted to tell her best friend herself. So she climbed back out of my window, gave me one more kiss, then bolted.

"Come on, gorgeous," I mumbled as I leaned forward to look for her. At this rate, we only had fifteen minutes or so together. I may not care about being late, but she did.

Not a second later I saw her sneaking into the vacant parking lot. Students normally parked by the football field since it was closer to the entrance of the school. We thought it was better to park by where the band room and buses were. Not many people here around this time.

When she got closer, I gripped the steering wheel. She was wearing a damn dress again. Mid-thigh. Light blue. Her hair was down and loose. Fuuuuuuck.

Opening the passenger door, she hopped inside and smiled at me. "Hey."

"Not good enough." I reached for her and pulled her across my lap with her legs resting over the center console. Her surprised gasp was followed by a flirty laugh that had me wishing I was wearing looser jeans today. "That's better."

I kissed her slowly at first. Nothing as deep as how it was yesterday. Not yet. "Good morning, gorgeous."

"Good morning, yourself. I'm actually surprised you showed up on time. Knowing you, I was convinced you were going to be late."