Chapter Two

It was around noon when we reached California. The sun was shining bright. Our new house is huge and beautiful. We unpacked the main things and since we were tired from the fifty-hour drive, we just ate our supper and slept. It took a few days for us to organise everything in our new house. I decorated my room and I am in love with it. Obviously, One Direction had to be a part of my collage because I love them. I quickly took a small video of my room and sent it in the group chat of our trio.

In two days, my school starts and I need some supplies. So I quickly put on an outfit and took my phone. "Mom, I'm going to the store to buy some school supplies," I call out before I go. The beach is just a five-minute walk from my house, so I decided to go there as well. But it was not a good decision, as it was Saturday and the beach was crowded. I treated myself with an ice cream and made way to the store. I got the supplies and reached home.

It is the first day of my grade eleven. I want to give a good first impression. I start early so that after I go to school I have time figure out the timetable and find my classroom. I reach the school and take my timetable from the office. I slowly walk down the corridors to my classroom. I take a seat and see that there's still half an hour for the class to start and so I start listening to music.

A few minutes later, a girl taps on my shoulder. I remove my earphones and she says, "Hey! I'm Rose. Do you mind if I take a seat?" I introduce myself and tell her that I don't mind her sitting with me. She also introduces me to Kara and Samantha. They all are really sweet. Once the class starts we exchange only a few words.

It was lunchtime, so the four of us went to the cafeteria. We've got ourselves food and started talking. I could tell the three of them were really close and they told me that they wanted to introduce me to their guy best friends who were currently in Florida for their football matches. One thing I knew, I was gonna get along real well with them cause I love football too. After school, I just sat on my bed and thought of my day. It was honestly not bad but I felt like something was missing. Well, I guess I was just missing my idiots and so I facetimed them. We ended up talking for hours.

A few days went by and the four of us have bonded quickly. They remind me so much of Emma and Rhea. Today is Sunday and I don't have any plans. I lay on the bed and decide to watch series. When the series was getting to the interesting part, I was interrupted by a phone call from Samantha. "Sam! You really have a bad timing. The series was just getting good. What's up though?" I chuckle and say. She laughs and replies, "I'm really bored and I want to meet up. All the others have agreed. Can you meet us for lunch? We can introduce you to our guy best friends too." I agree to her plan. I put on a cute outfit and make my way to Wendy's.

We all met and Kara puts a hand around me and says, "Daisy, this is Austin," and points to guy who is tall, has curly hair and hazel eyes. Then she points to the comparatively short guy who has blue eyes and says, "And this is Caleb." I introduce myself to them too. We ordered our food and played a quick round of twenty questions so that I get to know Austin and Caleb.

While talking, I noticed the way Caleb looks at Rose. I'm pretty sure he has a crush on her. I took a quick note to self to ask Rose about it. Austin, Caleb and me exchanged our numbers. Rose also added me in the group chat with the guys. Kara gave me a ride back home. Overall, it was an amazing day.