Chapter Nine

I reached home and changed. I called Aus and Caleb and told them that Scott was staring at me for the past couple of weeks. I was scared about their reaction but went on telling them my encounter with Scott. "So much happened and you decide to tell us now?" Austin practically yelled. "I didn't want any fights," I said in a small voice. "Well, if I catch him staring at you tomorrow I swear to God, I'll make sure he won't be able to reproduce again," replied Austin. "He better stay away from you," Caleb said. I sighed.

It's the next day, I'm walking to the school with Rose. "So, did you tell Aus and Caleb about Scott?" Rose asked. "Yeah! They said that if Scott stares at me today, they are gonna pick up a fight with him. I don't want Aus and Caleb to get into trouble with the Principal you know," I said. "We'll try to stop them. Don't worry," Rose replied. I nodded. Currently, I'm taking my books from my locker. Luckily, I haven't seen Scott till now but I'm sure I'll have to face him during lunch. Just then, Austin walked towards me and asked, "Why didn't you think of telling me about Scott?" "Aus, I don't want you to get into a fight and then stand in front of the Principal's office," I replied. "I don't care if I get in trouble with the Principal. I don't want him around you," he said. "Do whatever you want to," I said, sighed and started walking towards the class. He just followed me.

The girls and I were taking our lunch and walking to the table. Scott and his friends were sitting right beside our table. "Him sitting over there shouldn't make a difference to us," I said and walked to our regular table. They agreed and we all sat down. Aus and Caleb came and sat with us. "Why the hell is he sitting here?" Caleb asked no one in particular. "I don't care. Let's just enjoy our lunch. We'll see about him later," Austin said. I smiled at him because he understood that I didn't want any fights.

"So, how did your date go yesterday Kara?" Sam asked. "Yes, we need the details," Rose added. Kara said "It was so dreamy and romantic. So, we went to this really lavish yet, cute restaurant. Music was playing in the background, we talked a lot while eating. He refused to let me pay. Then, we slow danced for a while and when we were coming back home, I was feeling really cold. He gave me his jacket," and before she could complete I couldn't help but say, "Aww!" She continued saying, "While going back home, he treated me with an ice-cream and dropped me off the house." "You guys didn't kiss?" Rose asked. I hit her on her head. Kara laughed and said, "No, but he did kiss me on forehead and cheek when he dropped me at my house." "Cutee!" exclaimed Sam. "We are getting brainwashed by girls bro," Aus said. "Yeah bro," Caleb agreed. "Shut up y'all," Kara replied.

We had our lunch and were walking back to the class. "So babe, we are having a party this weekend at my house. Join us, we'll have some fun," Scott said with his stupid smirk. Austin then came and stood beside me. Butterflies erupted in my stomach as soon as Austin put his hand around my waist and said, "Sorry, but we both got plans this weekend." I'm internally screaming. We walked away from the pissed off Scott. I looked at Aus and he winked but didn't remove his hand until we were in the class. At this moment, I realized I was falling hard for him.

School is done for the day and we all are on our way home. Austin and Caleb decided to leave me and Rose at our houses because they didn't want us to walk home alone. I was checking my phone and I see that Scott had sent a follow request on instagram. I facepalmed, showed it to Rose and obviously did not accept the request. We dropped Rose at her house and it was just the three of us now. "D, we need to play football again sometime," Caleb said. "Sure, we will. We had so much fun that day," I replied. "Oh wait, we have a match on this Saturday, will you come?" asked Austin. "Hell yess! I'll be there," I replied. "Cool then, let's ask the others about it tomorrow," Caleb said. They accompanied me to my house and were back on their way to their houses.