Chapter Nineteen

He stopped walking and stopped me too. He put his hand under my chin and lifted my head so that I was looking straight in his eyes.

"Really? Are you serious?" he asked. I nodded and looked down again. I was scared for his reaction. He stayed quiet for a while. "But I know you don't feel the same way," I whispered. He looked shocked. "How do you know?" he asked. He might've noticed the change of the look on my face and immediately said, "No, no, that came out of my mouth in the wrong way. I meant to ask why do you think I wouldn't feel the same way." I wasn't going to tell him about me seeing him and Nat kissing. I shrugged and said, "I don't know."

He lifted my chin up again and said, "Well, you're wrong then, I have feelings for you too." WHATTTTT!? IS THIS TRUE? OH MY GOD! I thought. I was too stunned and surprised that I couldn't speak anything. "Are you being a hundred percent honest?" I asked. "Well, obviously," he replied. "Oh God! This is getting serious. Aus, we have something to tell you," Sam said. Shit! I totally forgot that Sam and Caleb are thinking this is just a dare. "Aus, it was just a dare that we gave Dais to do," Sam said.

Austin's expression immediately changed from happy and excited to sad and serious. "Umm guys!" I started before Kara yelled, "Can someone explain us what the hell is going on?" I replied, "I will," and gave a clear explanation of what exactly happened and was happening. I purposely left out the part when I saw Aus and Nat kissing. "So, you do have feelings for Aus?" Sam asked slowly. I nodded. "Wow!" Rose breathed out. "Yeah," I said.

"I'm so happy for y'all," Kara said finally. Austin and I hugged. "Gotta capture the moment," Caleb said before taking a picture of us. "C'mon guys! Let's leave the new couple alone," Rose said. I chuckled and said, "We aren't even official guys." "Ma man right there will take care of it," Caleb said pointing Austin. I looked towards Austin and he winked at me. I blushed and then Austin and I started walking to my house.

While walking Aus asked, "Dais, tell the truth, why did you think that I would not have feelings for you?" I stayed quiet and Austin sighed. "I saw you kissing Nat," I almost whispered. He looked at me in disbelief. "Oh," was all that came out of his mouth. I didn't know how to react now. "But believe me it was not what it looked like. That day we were talking about our friendship and we came across the park where we first met. We were talking about us and suddenly she said that she has a crush on me. Nat kissed me but I didn't kiss back. I told her that I have feelings for you. She understood and she's cool with it," he said. Honestly, I was so relieved. I smiled widely and hugged him tight not wanting to let go. He hugged me back tightly. We stayed like that for a while and slowly broke the hug.

"I'll see you tomorrow D," he said as we reached my house. "Yes. Bye!" I said. "Bye love!" he said smiling and walked towards his house. Oh gosh!

I ran into my room. I couldn't believe what just happened. I kept jumping on my bed until I calmed down and immediately facetimed Emma and Rhea. They answered the call quickly. "Girl! You look so damn happy. Give us the deets!" Rhea demanded. I literally told them every single detail. "And he called me 'love'. Am I dreaming?" I asked. "You definitely aren't," Emma said. "I definitely have to give him a warning that if he breaks your heart then he will have to face some serious consequences," Rhea said. I laughed and said, "Oh shut up!" We talked for a bit more time.

After taking a shower I decided to write about my day in the diary. I don't write in my diary everyday but, I just write the special moments. I also pasted the picture taken by Caleb earlier, of Austin and I hugging. I replayed the day again and again until I fell asleep.