Chapter Six

"Daisy, wake up, you'll be late to school," my mom shakes me awake. Honestly, I don't feel like going to school today but I have a calculus test and my mom will definitely not allow me to stay back at home. I get ready and go downstairs. "Mom, I don't feel like eating and I'm getting late to school anyways," I say, grab my coffee and start walking to school. My test goes surprisingly well, considering the fact that I didn't prepare much. It's chemistry class and as usual we all were talking. "Daisy, come and sit in the first bench. You're talking a lot." my teacher said. I just sigh and go and sit in the first bench.

Sitting in the first bench, staring at the blackboard as if I'm understanding every single word my teacher is saying, I started overthinking about all the shit in my life. Did I have to overthink? No, but was I still doing it? Yes. I felt like crying until I let my stress out. Right now, I wish Emma and Rhea were here with me. I was trying my best not to cry. The teacher dismissed the class and I took my bag and ran to the washroom. I broke down into tears right after I entered the washroom. Suddenly, Rose entered the washroom. She saw me in tears but she didn't speak anything. She just hugged me, I hugged back and kept crying. "I don't know what's hurting you so much but I'm here for you. What happened D?" she asked.

I calmed down and told her about Noah. "Oh my god! I'm sorry but as your friends said, I don't think he meant those words. Just talk to your friends and Noah and clear things out. It'll be alright." I nodded and said, "Okay. I'll talk it out but let's go, the others might be wondering where we are." She agreed but said, "They are going to ask you what happened. Your eyes are red and puffy." "Shit! What do I do?" I asked. "Just wash your face and come with me. I'll just ask them not talk about it. You can tell them if you wish." I thank her and tell her that I'll tell them later.

We head to the cafeteria and see that all of them are waiting for us. "What happened Daisy? Did you cry?" Kara asked concerned. Rose just told them not to talk about it and that I'll tell them about it later and so they don't bring the topic up for the rest of the day. After I reach home, I call Rhea and Emma. They are literally my therapists because I felt better in no time. Noah also texts me normally so I decide not to bring the topic about his words.

I couldn't sleep, so I decided to take a walk for a while in my neighborhood. I check my phone and see the messages from my friends. I reply to Rose letting her know I'm fine. I text Kara, Sam, Caleb and Austin that I'll tell them about it the next day. Aus quickly replies with an okay and asked what I was doing. I replied that I was just walking and sent him a picture of the starlit sky. It shows he read the message but he doesn't reply. I put my phone back in my pocket and just enjoy the walk. My mom told me to be back by 10.00 pm and it was just 8.30 pm.

A little while later, I see a figure coming towards me on a skateboard. I couldn't see the face until he was under the street light. It was Austin. I waved at him. He stopped right in front of me and said, "Hey!" "What are you doing here?" I asked. "You told me you were walking, it's dark so I couldn't just let you walk all alone. So I thought of giving you company," he said. I smiled and we both continued walking.

It was silent, not awkward but comfortable silence. He broke the silence saying, "Daisy, you cried today. I know you said you'll tell later but talk about it now. It will make you feel better and night is the best time to have deep talks." I nodded and said, " I know, but I'll just end up crying again." He replied encouragingly saying, "Then cry, just let it all out and I'm here. Go ahead!" And so I tell him every single thing about what happened with Noah. He let me cry and just held me tight. He said, "Everything will be alright. Just keep him positive. Let him know you're worried." I took a deep breath and nodded. I also realized I've never opened with someone this quickly. I thanked him for listening to my shit. He gave me a warm smile.

We kept walking for some more time and came across an ice-cream store. He bought us ice-cream and refused to let me pay. We enjoyed our ice-cream and he accompanied me back to my house and went back. I have to tell Emma and Rhea about this I thought to myself. It's just one of the sweetest gestures a guy has ever done to me. For the first time, in the last three days I slept peacefully.