Chapter Four

We have just arrived in Boston. My mom told that our grandparents were coming to pick us up from the airport. I spotted them in the crowd and greeted them with a warm hug. My parents hugged them too and now we are on the way to my grandparents' house.

After reaching the house, I kept my bag in the room and removed the gifts I brought for them. I went into the living room and said, " Nana and Dada I brought you some gifts. I hope you like them." My grandma replied saying, "Cookie, you didn't have to but I'm sure we'll love them." I handed them the gifts. They were so happy and kissed me on the forehead.

I was talking to my Dada when my Nana called out, "Cookie, can you help me set up the table?" "Sure" I shouted back and went into the kitchen. I grabbed the plates, napkins, cutlery and started setting up the table. All of us sat together and had our supper happily. "Nana, The dinner was so tasty." I said while I was helping her with the dishes. She just smiled in return. After doing the dishes, we watched television for a while and then went to sleep.

Yayy! I get to meet my best friends today, I thought to myself. I quickly got ready and ate my breakfast. Both of them were at Emma's house. My mom and I knocked on Emma's door. Emma's mom opened the door. "Hello aunty!" I said. She said, "Hi Daisy! I missed having you around dear," and hugged me. "I missed you too aunty" I replied. She greeted my mom and let us in. "Emma and Rhea are upstairs in her room. Go wake them up!" aunty said and continued talking to my mom. I immediately started recording a video because I know their reactions are going to be priceless. I make my way to Emma's room.

Slowly, without making any noise, I enter the room and close it. I set up my phone on the table. It's time to wake them up the Daisy way. I stand close to them and shout in their ears. They jolt up from their sleep, Rhea falls down the bed. Seeing this, I start cracking up. They look at me surprised. "Hey guys! Long time no see," I said. They just exchange a look, scream, hug and tackle me to the ground. Oh! how I missed these idiots. We all start laughing. "Okay okay! I know you missed your fabulous best friend but I kinda need to breathe," I chuckle and say. "Oh please, like you didn't miss us," Emma replies. We all just laugh and sit down. I take my phone and stop recording the video.

"Come on! You guys freshen and come downstairs, we are going out." I announce. "Yes ma'am" they chorus. I laugh at them and shake my head. I head downstairs. After sometime, they come downstairs and have their breakfast. The three of us and my mom head to our grandparents' house. I take them to my room to give them the gifts I brought. First, they open the matching outfits, then the accessories and at last I hand them the album I made. We ended up talking the story behind each picture. We came across the picture of us when we were having a water fight with nerf guns and we thought of recreating that picture. The three of us go to the backyard with our nerf guns and have a water fight. My dad took a picture of us.

After the water fight, we just laid on the grass. "I missed this," I said. "We missed you too," Rhea replied. Then we decide on changing into our matching outfits and click some pictures. We took loads of goofy pictures. Around noon, we decided to go to Tacobell to have our lunch. We have our lunch and then go to Target to just spend our time. The three of us were just walking around randomly. We took some videos of us just goofing around and us dancing.

Then I took a cart and Rhea sat in it and we were running down the aisles. We got many looks from the customers and workers but we didn't care. One of the worker said, "You guys are cool. Have fun!" We just laughed and walked away. He deserves the best worker award or something. Later we went back to my house and decided to have a sleepover.