Chapter Thirteen

Apparently, as per the dare I have to flirt with Aus. This is going to be so weird. Let's just get over with it, I thought. When I met him at the school gate, I gave him a quick hug and said, "Hi!" "Hey!" he said as he hugged me back. Sam gave me a look which said, go ahead, flirt with him. I groaned. "Your hair looks good today," I complimented genuinely. "Really?" he asked. I nodded. "Thanks Dais," he replied. We both smiled and then went into the classroom.

While the class was going on, to act sus, I kept looking at Aus until he caught me staring at him a few times. He raised his eyebrows at me. I just smile and mouthed, "Nothing." He smiled back and turned towards the blackboard. "I see things are getting interesting here," Sam whispered to me. "Yeah," I replied. "Well, Caleb and I decided on not telling the others. We just want to enjoy their priceless reactions," she said and laughed. "Oh yes! We're going to get them so good," I said and laughed. "Daisy and Samantha, do you both want to share with the class about what you guys are laughing so hard," Mr. Murray said sternly. "No, sir. We're sorry," we said and continued listening to the class.

"Guys, walk faster will ya?" Austin practically rushing towards Starbucks. "Hold your horses, Aus. I think she can wait a few minutes," Rose said. Caleb, Sam and I were walking behind all of them. "So, Austin just asked me if I felt that Dais was acting weird. I replied to him with a no. Your dare is going well, D" Caleb said. "I know, I know, I'm so good at acting. I deserve an oscar," I replied flipping my hair. "Honey I'm sorry what?" Sam said laughing. "Think you should shut up," I said sarcastically. Caleb laughed at both of us. We kept walking and finally we reached. A beautiful girl, with blonde hair and blue eyes, walked towards Austin and hugged him. He stood beside her and said, "This is Natalie, my best friend and Nat you already know Kara and Caleb. So, this is Samantha or Sam for short, that's Rose and that's Daisy," he said and pointed to each one of us. "Hey Natalie!" I said and waved. She waved back and said, "Hey!"

We ordered our drinks and started talking. I'll admit I was a bit jealous of her being so close to Austin but she's his best friend. After getting to know her for a bit, I could already tell that she's a very sweet person. We got to know about each other's interests. We have so much in common. "Wait! You love playing keyboard too?" I asked. She nodded and said, "I do play keyboard and guitar. Wow! We have so many common interests." "Yes, Nat," I replied.

"Guys, I gotta go, my mom just called," I announced to everyone. "Even me, I'll give you ride," Rose said. Nat walked up to me and hugged me. "Nat, I wish I could stay longer and get to know you more," I said. "Dais, I'm staying for a week, we'll meet for sure," she replied. I broke the hug and squealed. "Yay!" She laughed. "No, I'm not giving you guys my best friend," Austin said with a threatening face. "Who said I'm your best friend?" Nat said sarcastically. He looked at her and fake cried. We all started laughing.

Honestly, Natalie is one of the purest souls I've ever met. We definitely could be best friends. She's pretty, so giving, kind hearted and what not. Maybe Austin likes her? I mean who wouldn't like her, I thought before sleeping.