Chapter Sixteen

"Rose! We want all the deets of yesterday's date!!!" Sam said. "Yes yes. I'll tell," Rose replied. "The set up was so cute. Thanks to y'all. We had our pizza and had deep talks. We talked about our childhood, our embarrassing moments, the times we felt low and practically everything. It was fun. After we had our dinner, we just cuddled because it was getting cold and no, before you guys ask, we didn't kiss. Everything was perfect," Rose said. "That's so freaking cute," Sam said. "So, would you go on another date?" I asked Rose. "Duh! I will. He's super sweet," she replied. "Yes!" I said.

"So, did Aus ask you or Caleb why I was staring at him or anything like that?" I asked Sam. "Ah yes! He said to Caleb that you were acting different. Caleb just said to Aus that Caleb didn't feel any difference," Sam replied. "You're doing it this Sunday, I mean day after tomorrow, right?" Sam asked. "Yes and I can't believe, I'm actually doing this," I said to her. She just gave me a mischievous grin and said, "Caleb's a genius for this dare." "You're enjoying this too much, aren't you?" I asked. "Hell yeah!" she screamed.

We all are walking back home and Nat is with us too. We all brought her gifts since she was leaving the next day. "Nat! We all have some gifts for you. Let's go to Wendy's and sit down so, that we can show them to you," Rose said. "Y'all didn't have to," Nat replied. "Oh shut up!" Kara said and we all made our way to Wendy's. "Here you go," Kara said and gave the gift. It's a cute shirt that Nat liked at the mall but didn't buy it. "This is shirt I wanted to buy. Oh my god! I love you!" Nat said. I gave my gift. It was a card I made and few rings that I bought. Everyone else gave there gifts except Austin. "I'll give it you after we get home," Aus said. "Okay!" Nat replied happily.

"Guys, you all have to come tomorrow night to drop me off at the airport," Nat said. "Of course, we will," Sam replied on behalf of us. "I can't believe it's already been a week since we met you," I said. "Neither can I. It feels like I met you all yesterday," Nat replied. "Group hug!" Caleb shouted. We all hugged.

I got back home decided to do some work and then I called Emma and Rhea to check up on them. I had my dinner and just was lying on my bed. I got a call from Nat. "Dais! Aus told me that you walk at night almost every day. Would you like to join us?" Nat asked. "Yeah! I'll be out in five minutes," I said. "Cool, we'll be there," Nat said.

It been almost twenty minutes and they haven't showed up. So, I decided to go to the nearby ice - cream store to treat myself. After I ordered, I was eating and going back to the street where we usually meet. Suddenly, I spotted a girl and a guy. Assuming, it was Aus and Nat I slowly walked towards them. Once, I was close enough, I saw them kissing. The scene just hurt me so bad. I decided to go back to my house. I called them and said, "My mom just told me to come back home. I'll see you guys later," trying so hard not to cry. "Oh okay. See ya," Aus said.

I sat on my bed and I couldn't help but cry. I was careful not to be loud because I didn't want my parents to hear. I decided on calling Emma and Rhea later. Right now, I just needed time for myself. I put my headphones on and started listening to music. "But, I don't regret falling for your Fool's Gold," was the last lyric I heard before I slept.