Chapter 9: tears

Tws for this chapter: swearing (whole chapter), implied sh (start of chapter! Skip to paragraph 2!)

-Quackity pov, the present-

I'm in my room. Well, not MY room. But it's where I am. My arm hurts. Everything does. I want to cry. 

✨here, have a special pointer for paragraph 2✨I've cried too much today.

I turn on my phone.

                                               Puffy

Quack: hey

Puffy: hey... how'd it go

Quack: living in one of our guest rooms for the foreseeable.

Puffy: what happened?

Quack: went wrong.

Puffy: I'm sorry.

Quack: it's not your fault, it would have gone wrong anyway.

Puffy: is there anything I can do?

Quack: can you come over

Puffy: of course.

Quack: let yourself in, there's a key under the second flowerpot to the left.

Puffy: noted

Quack: if they ask why you're here, don't answer, just say you're here for a reason. My room is the one with the warped wood door labelled 'Guest One'. if they try to stop you going upstairs, leave and come around the left side of the house. There'll be a small blue scarf hanging out of my window: use the vines on the house to climb up. My chests aren't in the main bedroom, so use that as a distraction if you have to.

Puffy: you thought of everything. every scenario. how, and why?

Quack: i'd rather not talk about it.

Puffy: okay. On my way

Puffy went offline.

Quack went offline.

I sighed. I hung the blue scarf out of the window. I put my posters up and took my laptop out.

I don't care that the door says "Guest One". It's my room now.

-Puffy pov-

Poor Alex.

"Niki, I need to go. Now. Is it okay-" 

 "Go. I've called the babysitter for when Michelle gets back, and I still have to help George and the others to build." She said.

 "Okay. Love you." I hugged her. I grabbed my hat, put it on, grabbed my satchel, and left.

30 minutes later, I'm at Alex's place. I get the key from the second flowerpot from the left. I open the door and lock it behind me. 

 "How and why are you here." Karl asked.

 "A reason." I walked past him.

 "Puffy..." Sapnap blocked the stairwell. "Have you seen Alex?"

 "Try your own house, fucker."

I barge past him, going upstairs. I look at the doors until I come to Guest One. Karl thunders up the stairs behind me.

 "What the honk, Puffy?! This isn't like you at all!"

"Let me in." I say to Alex.

"Nobody's in there." 

"Oh really? Why is it locked? Check your room, by the way."

"Wait what?"

- Karl pov -

What does she mean check your room?

I ran over to our room as the door to the guest room opened. Puffy went in. I burst into our room.

Alex's stuff is all gone.

 "SAP!"

His footsteps run upstairs and into the room. He stops at the door. 

 "What on earth.... "

 "It's like he's moved out..." I start crying. Sapnap hugs me. I hear crying on the other side of the wall. We move over to the bed, and just sit there.

Crying.

 - Quackity pov, 10 minutes earlier -

I see Puffy walk up to the house with fire in her eyes. Funny that. My boyfriend literally has fire in his eyes most of the time. Is he even my boyfriend?

I don't know.

 "Try your own house, fucker." I hear Puffy yell, and her footsteps travel upstairs. I walk over to the door. One of my possibly-ex boyfriends follows her.

 "What the honk, Puffy?! This isn't like you at all!" It was Karl.

 "Let me in." Puffy says to me. She's right by the door.

"Nobody's in there." Karl says. So I'm nobody now.

 "Oh really? Why is it locked? Check your room, by the way." Puffy says. Karl runs to the main bedroom. I let Puffy in.

 "SAP!" Karl yells. His voice cracks. Sapnap runs upstairs.

 "Alex..." Puffy sits on the bed. I start to cry. I can hear Karl crying too.

I hurt them.

It's my fault.

675 words without ending a/n!

a/n: I'm so sorry

If it makes you feel any better my heart hurts while I write 

why do I torture my readers like this

why

don't forget to eat if you can, drink some water, get some sleep and take binder breaks <3

-Error

Originally written 27 January 2022!