Chapter 20: cats

Tw: implied sh (warned!), flashbacks (warned!), implied alcoholism (warned!)

-Quackity pov-

I check my phone. 10:20. 

I had no reason to be up this late....

Hold on. Of course I did. There was a party.

A party where I got engaged. 

It's then I feel the post it note on my cheek, which I immediately read.

'Hey Quack! sorry for not being here when you woke up, but we woke up earlier and decided to let you rest. There's a lot of people downstairs, just so you know. S+K'

I chuckle slightly at this. Practically falling out of bed, I change my hoodie over. This one specifically is about 4 sizes too big, and comes down to my knees. It completely engulfs my arms, and I have to pull the sleeves back to around my wrists where they should be. When I pull it forward, it covers my chest almost completely- so much that you'd really have to stare to notice anything.

I stumble across the hall and into the bathroom, thankfully unoccupied, and brush my hair and teeth. 

Once I look okay-ish, I go downstairs.

OKAY THAT IS A LOT OF PEOPLE.

Pretty much everyone from the party is here, except those who went home. And a few others who came to the house earlier. For some reason.

 "Quackitiiiiiiiiiiii!" I hear Wilbur's taunting, sing-song voice from across the room.

 "Wilbyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!" I yell back, completely forgetting that I woke up 10 minutes ago and that my voice is VERY different in the morning.

 He runs over. "Morning voice Quackitiiiiiiiiiiii!"

 I laugh slightly. "I'm aware..."

Sapnap and Karl notice that I've come downstairs and they walk over. 

 "Quack!!!" Karl shouts. There's a great deal of hubbub in the room, it's pretty hard to hear. Wilbur walks off to go and talk to other people.

❗tw for implied sh (one paragraph)❗He grabs my arm, which he knows is no longer sprained. I flinch and pull away, feeling a few scabs split open.

 "Hey, are you okay? Is your arm still hurt from the crash? Sorry." Karl says.

 "I guess so, it's still a little sore." Thank Prime I had that as an excuse. I'm not sure what I would have said otherwise. I shudder.

 "Anyway. What's with everyone staying here still?" I ask.

 "Mainly people getting over hangovers, the new people are here to look after kids and the hungover ones themselves. And to help clean up."

 "Makes sense. Thank Prime it's a Saturday, otherwise the kids would be stupidly late for school by now." I deadpan. 

 -time skip to later that day because otherwise it's gonna be too long-

Everyone has left, and I look at the clock. 1pm. Huh.

 "Wanna go out and get lunch? I'm kinda hungry." Karl asks.

"Sure. How about that new Cat Cafe?" I suggest.

"Sure, sounds fun." Sapnap agrees.

"Yeah!" Karl says. "Cats are cool."

 "Alright. I'll be right back." I go back upstairs, grabbing my sports binder, and get changed. The binder isn't properly worn in yet, so it's a bit uncomfortable.