Chapter 1 - Of sweet lemonade and sour lemons

I always thought that in my life, with my then 28 years, I had achieved everything I always wanted. I had a nice big apartment of my own. A great job that I loved very much. And I had my beautiful wife, with whom I had been together for 5 years, three of them married. Everything was going just perfect. Probably too perfect!

Because some crazy higher asshole authority, something like God or some other sick bastard had apparently decided I had enough of the sweet lemonade now. It was time to add some really sour lemons.

But first, everything started as usual. I got up in the morning, showered, had breakfast with my wife and then drove to work. It had snowed again overnight, the snow thawed slightly and then froze, turning the roads into slippery ice rinks. So I had to drive very slowly, but then arrived at work safe and sound.

I routinely went about my work as usual and when I got off work, I went to the parking garage and was about to drive home. But, when I started the engine it suddenly smoked and even started to burn! A security guard then helped out with a fire extinguisher. That was my brand new car! I angrily called the dealership, who sent someone with a replacement car and wanted to have my car towed and inspected.

After over an hour, my replacement car finally arrived. It was a 15 year old car and the paint was not only scratched, there were also many dents in the car. Inside it smelled like rotten eggs and a mixture of beer and vomit. So I could only drive with the windows open. And that at minus 12 degrees outside!

When I arrived home, my wife was lying on the sofa and when I looked around, it didn't seem that she had gotten up from there since the morning. Everything from breakfast was still on the table. The living room table was full of empty packages of chips, chocolate and gummy bears. She didn't even get up to greet me.

I wordlessly went to take a shower and put on some comfortable clothes. In the process, I saw that she still hadn't been to the laundry to pick up my suits. And she had not washed clothes either, because they were still piled up in the bathroom. I had bought her the expensive and super modern washing machine that she really wanted. In over 8 weeks, she had only used it once. And that was just to test it.

So I packed dirty laundry into the machine and turned it on and then told my wife that I was going to the laundry, after all I needed a clean suit the next day. In response, she said it was okay and told me to go to the supermarket right away. There was nothing left to eat at home and she was hungry.

Damn, the woman had no job and was at home all day. But she hasn't done anything for weeks. I didn't understand what was wrong with her. She wasn't usually so lazy!

So I drove Stinker the car to the laundry, although it was rather slipping. From there I drove to the supermarket and went shopping. And I already suspected that the cooking will again be up to me. After all, she hasn't done that in weeks either.

Then when I went outside with my shopping and wanted to go to the car, I slipped and crashed into a guy. We both ended up on the butt of the parking lot. We then helped each other back up. And when I turned my gaze to the man's face, I was stunned. What a handsome young man! I admired his appearance.

Since I just stared at him and didn't say anything, he said, "Hey, if you want a date, all you have to do is say it. I wouldn't mind going out with someone as cute as you."

"Uh what?" I asked him confused.

"It's okay, I was just kidding. But if you feel like it, we can go out for a drink together. You look like you could be in need of it."

"Mn. Maybe so. But I'm afraid I have to get home."

"Too bad. Some other time, then, perhaps." He said. He then helped me take my shopping to the car. I waited until he had gone to his own car. Then I went to get my car keys from my jacket pocket and found a business card in it. It was from him, with his name and cell phone number. I don't know on what impulse, at the end I put it in my wallet. All I know is that I didn't throw it away. Wang Yibo... Well, maybe we'll see each other again sometime.