Chapter 17 - In a luxury house

I think as of now I can no longer claim that it was the craziest thing ever in my life when I practically fell over Yibo and immediately kissed him as soon as he had entered my apartment for the first time back then. Our latest action had definitely outranked that. Now something completely new is at the top of the list.

One minute Yibo is telling me that he would definitely find a way into this huge mansion of presumably some celebrity, and the next minute he and I are climbing over an absurdly high gate onto the property, running up a driveway about 500 meters long to the house and around this fucking big house, only to climb up a thin drain pipe from the gutter to the top of the high roof and then enter the house through a narrow fireplace shaft.

When we finally got into this house, we were exhausted and looked like dirty pigs! But there was no time to shower, we had to find the key to the yacht!

As dirty as we were, we ran from one room to the next and soon lost track of which room we were already in. Because the house just had an overwhelming number of rooms that had probably never been used in their lives. They somehow all looked furnished the same and everywhere the owners were showing off their wealth by having gold plated decorations, faucets and even gold door knobs.

We had searched everything but couldn't find a key. There was not even a hint that the yacht belonged to the owner of this house. We knew we had to try the next house and we left immediately. This time, however, we left the house through the patio door, the only door with a key in it.

We had no choice but to run back down the long driveway to the gate and climb over that absurdly high gate again. Then we ran to the next lot, where we also faced another high gate. Yibo tried to open it by man power, but nothing moved. So we had to climb again.

Again it was a long driveway up to the house and then we stood there thinking, "Shit, not again!" Because we couldn't find any other access than over the roof and down the fireplace shaft. So much stress for a key! But what should we do? If we wanted to get out to sea, we had to find the key to one of the two yachts.

So we climbed back up onto the roof and into the house through the fireplace shaft. And? Well, we could have saved ourselves the trouble. The house was empty. And by empty, I mean there was nothing but dust and a few old cobwebs! So we had to go to the next house.

Knowing that we would only have at least an hour of daylight left, we got our car, which was still parked in front of the gate to the first house, and drove to the third house. The same as the other two houses awaited us. Climbing over an absurdly high gate, walking up a long driveway and entering the house over the roof and through the chimney shaft.

Unlike the previous two houses, this one had electricity. So Yibo opened the gate at a switchboard and went to get our car, after we also found a spare key for the front door in a key box. Just no key for a yacht!

We realized that we didn't have time to go to another house and look around, since daylight was already giving way to darkness. So we looked around the house and found a few cans of soups, sauces and even spaghetti and rice. There were also a huge number of different alcoholic drinks there. The evening was saved!

We went to shower in the house, the water was pitch black, put on clean clothes, cooked spaghetti with tomato sauce, drank a glass of wine with it and then went to sleep in one of the many bedrooms. For some reason, we felt so safe in the house that we slept really well. I fell asleep as soon as I got into bed. But maybe we were just so tired from all the climbing and running that we fell asleep immediately from exhaustion.

The next morning we immediately looked around from the terrace. But we found no evidence that any creatures had been there the previous night. We then had breakfast and went on to check the other four houses one by one. But the result remained the same, no key to any of the yachts.