Chapter 9 - Everything sucks

After neither our boss believed us that we really saw this creature, we tried hard to convince the general of our sighting. Well, he didn't believe us either. Even more, he thought we shouldn't keep watch at this deep fucking hole anymore. He was afraid that we would infect all the others with our "bullshit" and scare them unnecessarily.

So what did the general do? He called our boss and told him that we are conspiracy theorists and that we are trying to impose our " imagination " on all the other agents and soldiers. Further, we were a big troublemaker and completely out of our minds if we really thought anyone would believe our story of this strange being.

Well, our boss acted accordingly. Or not. Because actually, he was planning to pull Yibo off guard duty anyway. Because he had a new undercover assignment for Yibo. And that at this time! Wow, just wow.

So our boss called Yibo and gave him the order to show up at the agency immediately. I drove Yibo and had to wait outside our boss's office while Yibo received his new instructions. When he came out of the office, he looked absolutely not enthusiastic. He explained to me that he was not allowed to tell me anything except that he was about to be flown out to his new mission and that he could not call or write me because he had to leave his private cell phone behind and also that he did not know how long it would take.

Wow, we didn't even have five minutes to say our goodbyes. Yibo pulled me with him to the staff restrooms, hugged and kissed me and told me we needed to stay strong now and not to worry. He said he would give everything to be back soon. I was still too shocked that he would be flown out of the country and we wouldn't be able to see each other or communicate for a while, to react appropriately.

I just stood there and stared at him speechless. I was angry because he was not allowed to tell me what his mission was, even though I outranked him. I was disappointed that we didn't have time for a proper goodbye. I don't know, there was just chaos inside me.

After one last hug and kiss, Yibo had to go downstairs to his colleagues who were already waiting for him. I had to go to my boss's office, who first gave me a lecture on how to behave towards higher-ranking people and that I shouldn't forget the rules of the agency.

I said nothing and just listened to all this blah blah blah annoyed. Then he informed me that I would also be taken off guard duty at this shitty hole. I was about to rejoice, until he told me that from now on I would be on patrol duty and would have to accompany soldiers on their rounds through the street.

In addition, he warned me not to talk about this "alleged" creature again. Because that would cause unrest and unnecessarily stir up fear. He said that probably Yibo and I had simply seen a weirdo who didn't want to abide by the lockdown and had masked himself.

My explanation that this creature didn't seem human at all didn't seem to interest him. He just said again in a very strict command tone: "That's enough! From now on you have patrol duty and you will accompany the soldiers at night on their rounds! Don't make any more trouble! Now go." And I left.

To my disappointment, I had to go back to General "Asshole" and he then assigned me to two soldiers whose orders I had to listen to. And he told me that if he heard me talking about this strange creature just once more, he would push me into this deep dark hole and claim it was an accident!

Since I didn't feel like arguing with that asshole, I just nodded, turned around and went to the two soldiers, who I just call Dumb and Dumber, as I was ordered. They explained the route we were going to take at night and I immediately got in an even worse mood. Really now? 8 - 10 hours, in full gear going through the streets and look whether everyone has stayed at home?

The only thing that didn't completely freak me out was that we wear body cameras on our uniforms and they record everything. So if we were to run into this or any other creature again, at least this damn camera would record everything and serve as proof!