Chapter 7 - Worry about the sinkholes

After Yibo and I had reconciled two months ago, actually it was not a quarrel that we had, we had a lot of time not only to get closer emotionally, but also to strengthen our relationship with each other. So we talked a lot and decided that we accept how our parents imagine our future together, but that Yibo and I create our future all alone and only do what we really want.

We actually had a lot of time together. After our reconciliation, Yibo moved in with me for the time being so that he wouldn't always have to commute between his parents and my apartment. Because he doesn't have his own apartment here yet. Besides, because of the lockdown due to this flu pandemic, it wouldn't have been possible to see us any other way anyway. And I have to say, I was glad when he moved in with me.

Only a few days after our reconciliation, the lockdown was extended to the whole country. Before, it was hoped that it would be enough to close down the big cities and some of the small towns. But that was probably not enough and so they made more tough lockdown decisions. For me and Yibo it meant that we still couldn't go to work. Well, more time for us, right?

Specifically, though, it meant that only a few factories were still operating. Food production was still maintained under strict rules. Electricity and water supply remained in operation. A few craft businesses were on call. Hospitals and smaller clinics remained open, as did doctors' offices, pharmacies and maternity hospitals. But garbage collection was also in operation, because no one wants a vermin plague just because garbage is piling up.

Since the residents of our city and all other places in this country could not go shopping because of the closed supermarkets, the government came up with something new. Each resident of our city was given a shopping token once a week, which allowed the resident to go shopping at a certain time on a certain day of the week. That is, we were told a day and time when we could go to the supermarket. Of course, a time limit had been given, this was 15 minutes per purchase, which had to be strictly adhered to.

In addition, the military took over the supply of the citizens of this country. They brought a delivery of basic food and water to people's homes once a week. Which was especially good for the elderly and families.

I must say, despite all the weeks Yibo and I squatted on each other, things went well between us. We got along great and still do. Yibo is truly a fantastic, loving, kind and caring man. At the moment I feel like I fall in love with him every day. And I am now used to Yibo always being sweet, except during sex, then he mutates into a beast. He is then like a wild lion that pounces on his defenseless prey. Like a completely different man. Whereby I now really like how wild and passionate he is about it.

All the time at home also gave us the opportunity to follow all the happenings around the sinkholes. Whereby there was nothing new from the scientists. As before, no one could explain why suddenly these sinkholes or bottom holes as others call them, could appear worldwide and why so suddenly.

The screams, in this case many hate posts on the Internet, from the inhabitants of this country are getting louder and louder in the direction of the government. They call for protective measures or evacuations. Especially after about two weeks ago, here in our city, a district including houses, stores and residents, practically disappeared overnight, in a large sinkhole.

It is clear that people are afraid and want someone to take away their fear. And we were very surprised by the reaction of the government to the demands of the residents of this country. They were open and honest and also showed concern.

A government spokesman said, "We are all afraid! We are desperately looking for ways to avoid further sinkholes. But we can't find a solution because no one knows why they occur. We would also like to evacuate people from our country. But where to? Nobody knows where a sinkhole will appear next. Even if we had so many bunkers to put all the people of this country in, it doesn't mean that anyone is safe. Because what happens when a bunker disappears into a sinkhole? Right now, no one knows for sure. Scientists are working flat out to find out more."