Chapter 5 - So much to it...

That with me currently nothing runs according to plan and everything happens somehow unintentionally, which should not happen, has become clear to me now. But how quickly I can land from one stupid situation in the next, was not yet aware to me before. That only came when I accompanied Yibo to his police station, when Yibo finished his duty and just wanted to quickly write a report.

I was sitting there in the open office at Yibo's desk when two men in black suits walked past Yibo and me and the two of them looked at us and said, "Good evening Special Agent. Have you come to personally pick up the prisoner for interrogation?" What the hell?

Yibo stares at me with wide eyes, I look panicked at these two men and shake my head, "Um, no. So I'm here privately."

"Understood Special Agent." Replied the two and continued walking. My red cheeks had probably been visible even from space. Oh God, how embarrassing is this? There I am guarding my secret for so long and then this! And in front of Yibo, of all people! But wait, that wasn't all. It became even more embarrassing!

Yibo was just about to say something when the two men appeared again and had a guy with them. The guy sees me and falls on his butt in shock or fear. And then he whines: "No, no please not him, he's crazy! Please don't let him interrogate me!"

"What's going on?" Yibo asked, confused, looking deep into my eyes.

"Please, I'll tell you everything I know. Just please don't let him interrogate me." Begged the guy to Yibo.

"Shut your mouth!" Snarled one of the agents.

The other agent looks at me and said, "Special agent, apparently you've already dealt with him. I think it would be good if you questioned him again then."

"But I don't want to. And I don't remember him." I replied stubbornly.

"How could you have forgotten me? You threatened to hang me upside down from my balls!" Whined the prisoner.

"No way! That was the head of interrogation! I don't make threats like that!" I said.

"That's right! You're worse!" He nagged.

"Um Zhan? What's going on right now?" Yibo wanted to know.

"So, well, I'm not a simple office worker?"

"Was that a question Zhan? Who are you?"

"Xiao Zhan."

"I mean your profession."

"Special agent?"

"Who do you work for?"

"Um, a secret government agency that works closely with the Federal Intelligence Service."

"What's your job there?"

"Erm, I am specialized in interrogations."

"How do your interrogations go?"

"It depends on the prisoner."

"Meaning what?"

"Explaining that now would take too long."

"Special agent! It would be good if you accompanied us." Interjected one of the two men.

"But I don't want to! Besides, I would have gotten a call by now if I had a mission." I said, and my phone rang. Oh darn! What else could possibly go wrong?

My boss called me and told me that there was going to be a new prisoner for me to interrogate. I explained to my boss what had just happened and he demanded that I come to the office and bring Yibo with me. Oh wow, only I could be that unlucky!