Chapter 26 - From jealousy and suffering

A/N: I write this chapter exceptionally from the author's point of view. So as a third person. Time for some jealousy, drama and... just read for yourself hahaha.

Zhan

Zhan strained to think about how long it had been since he and Yibo left the city and fled to the sea. Was it 6 months, 7 months, or even more than 8 months? And how long had he, Yibo and He Peng been with the Amores now? Was it 4 or 5 weeks? Maybe even more? He completely lost track and just couldn't remember.

Since He Peng had woken up after almost a week of unconsciousness, the three of them had had to participate in the Amores' hard training every day. And this had been 4 weeks now, if Zhan was not mistaken. So were they with them for 5 or 6 weeks now? In the end, Zhan didn't care, because he was actually just trying to distract himself and think about something other than the close male friendship that exists between Yibo and He Peng, which, even though he knows how stupid and nonsensical it is, kept him boiling inside with jealousy.

Of course, Zhan knows that He Peng is not into Yibo and that Yibo loves only him and no one else. And he also knows that He Peng only gets so much attention from Yibo because he repeatedly falls into deep stages of grief when he thought about his wife and her death. And Zhan also knows that even after weeks, He Peng still feels uncomfortable with these beings who are so strange. Which was probably only because they are indeed strange and not at all malicious.

Still, it bothered Zhan more and more how much time Yibo spent with He Peng and how often the two of them preferred to train alone instead of with everyone else, and only because He Peng felt so uncomfortable in the presence of the other beings. And it bothered him how often the two of them went into the forest alone to talk.

His jealousy even drove Zhan so far that he once secretly followed the two to see what they were doing or talking about when they were alone in the forest. In the process, he was shocked to find out that He Peng not only lost his wife, but also his unborn child. The young doctor's wife had been 6 months pregnant when she was killed. But as shocked as Zhan was and as sorry as he was for He Peng, he was also as angry and jealous because he had been excluded and not even Yibo had told him about this horror.

In the beginning, in the first two weeks after He Peng had also woken up again, Zhan had often tried to point out to Yibo how he didn't like the fact that Yibo and He Peng withdrew so often and obviously excluded him. He even brought it up directly a few times, but was always reassured by Yibo, and with following passionate sex, Zhan was appeased again, at least for the time being.

But when Zhan realized that it was always the same pattern and nothing changed, he stopped talking and began to distance himself more and more from Yibo, hoping that Yibo would notice and approach him. But this happened too rarely, Zhan found. And if it happened, it was usually only when Yibo wanted to be near Zhan and wanted the two of them to have some fun in their private little cave, which Zhan was allowing less and less. As he was far too annoyed with Yibo.

More and more, in Zhan's eyes, their relationship consisted only of Zhan's passionate jealousy, although suffering from jealousy would probably be more accurate. And he believed that Yibo was completely unaware of how much he was suffering from all of this. And just as Zhan was about to walk away from the stream and try to talk to Yibo again, because he didn't want to lose him because of his stupid jealousy and his stupid behavior in the past few days, he suddenly fell into a deep sleep.

♤ ♧ ♡ ♢♤ ♧ ♡ ♢♤ ♧ ♡ ♢♤ ♧ ♡ ♢

Yibo

Nevertheless, Yibo did not miss Zhan's jealousy and tried to the best of his knowledge and belief to work against this jealousy of Zhan, to show him that he loves him and he does not have to worry. But he had to realize himself that he failed miserably. Especially when he wanted to focus his full attention on Zhan, but then had to be there for He Peng again when he seemed to lose himself in his depression. His guilty conscience towards Zhan, even though he was doing nothing but being there for a friend who was in a bad way, grew immeasurably. But he did not know what to do.