6

[Annika - A, Shivaay - S, Rudra - Ru]

Annika continued to get rejection after rejection from all the investment firms in the city.

Mishra: Sir, I just got a call from Sindh Finances, they have rejected the proposal.

S: If she went there, that means she has exhausted all her options. Mishra, get the contract ready, won't be long before she signs it.

Mishra: Ok sir

Rudra heard the last part of this conversation

Ru: Which contract Bhaiyya? Who are you talking about?

S: It's nothing Rudra, tell me why are you here? Didn't you have a photoshoot today?

Ru: Yeah, I just got back.

S: Okay, come let's head home then

**********

A: That's it, Chanda, I've been rejected by everyone now. And you wanna know the worst part of all this? The store that I wanted to buy to open mine, it's finally on sale. I don't have enough money to pay the token amount. I'm going to lose the store.

Chanda: Annika, are you sure you have tried everywhere?

A: Yes, I cross-checked my list 4 times, Chanda! You know, I have a feeling that SSO is behind this. A mediocre company like Sindh Finances straight up asked me to leave as soon as I told them the name of my project. That's only possible if they have been asked to reject me.

Chanda: What does Shivaay Singh Oberoi want with you?

A: He's getting michmichi because I showed him the mirror.

Chanda: Annika, just apologize and get it over na. You don't have to mean it. Set your ego aside

A: It's not my ego that needs to be set aside. That guy is set to destroy my life because of his mountain-sized ego.

Chanda: Exactly, he's set to destroy your life. You need to think about what's more important.

A: My head hurts. I'm going to sleep

The next morning Annika went to meet the owner of the store.

A: Sir, I was the first one on the list of applicants interested in buying this store. Please, I just need a little more time

MrGupta: Annika, I informed you in advance because you were the first one. The other applicants will get the notice tonight. The store will be sold to whoever pays the token amount of 10 lakhs first. I'm sorry, we can't change the rules

A(in her mind): I can't lose this store, this is a prime location in this market. Ok, Annika, desperate times call for desperate measures.

She called Mishra

A: Mishra ji, I need an appointment

Mishra: Shivaay sir is not available today, he's with his family. According to his schedule, 6pm tomorrow is the only slot available.

A: No, that will be too late. Listen Mishra ji, your boss has gone out of his way to trouble me. You're also a salaried employee like me. The least you can do, for humanity's sake, is give me his number

Mishra: Fine, but you didn't get it from me, okay?

A: Thank you.

Annika called Shivaay, setting aside her self-respect.

A: It's Annika, can you meet me today? Let's put an end to all of this, I'll send you the location

S: Okay

Half an hour later, Shivaay reached a local market, this wasn't the kind of place he'd ever visit. Annika walked towards him

S: Why have you called me here?

A: You see that little shop selling clay objects, and that one selling dupattas with zari work. These are the kind of people I deal with. They are all artists, their work and quality are top-notch. They are my vendors and many more people like them. The idea behind my website was to help get them a bigger audience. Rich people like you would never even step into these local markets. Online, under a single brand name, no one knows who's making the product, all they see is a brand name, without prejudice. I have curated a lot of vendors, selling all sorts of products from home decor to organic makeup products, herbal medicines, clothing, food. Because of the website, these people have something to fall back on. You're not just creating a hurdle in my dreams, but a hurdle in their dreams as well. Come with me

She held his hand and pulled him along and Shivaay followed, without saying anything. He looked at this girl, trying to figure her out. They reached her scooty, she opened the seat and retrieved two helmets. She gave him one and sat on the scooty. Without complaining Shivaay complied and sat behind her. Annika drove for a few kilometers and Shivaay's driver, who was in a state of shock, followed them in the car.

They reached in front of a big showroom/store and Annika applied the brakes. Shivaay jerked ahead, he caught her shoulders for balance. They got down and Shivaay followed Annika to the entrance of the store.

A: This is the store I want, it's a prime location in the market. I have already planned the setup and interior of the store. I need 10 lakhs for the token money by tonight or someone else will get the store. You want me to apologize, I'll do it, I'll do it in front of the whole world if you want, I'll put it up on billboards, don't take my dream away from me.

Shivaay couldn't take it anymore, he couldn't see her pleading. He thought he wanted this, but right now, he hated it more than anything. He felt like he was the one being punished and not her. He put his finger on her lips. Something just didn't feel right about this.

S: You talk too much. I'm sorry for everything, I took it all too far. I was having a bad day and I took all my bitterness out on you. No one can take your dream away from you and you don't have to apologize. Can we start over? Now say something

He realised he still had his finger on her lips, awkwardly he took it away

A: Yes

Shivaay gave her his pocket square and pointed towards her teary eyes. Annika wiped her unshed tears and smiled at him.

S: Shall we discuss the terms of the contract now?

Shivaay opened his car door and got a file.

S: Here's the contract, read it, discuss it with your lawyer if you want, and meet me in my office in a few hours? Can you come at 6?

A: Yes

S: Good. By the way, no one has ever dared to drag Shivaay Singh Oberoi by the hand

Annika was confused for a bit, what was he talking about, and then it hit her.

A: Oh, oh I'm sorry, I got carried away, I wasn't thinking clearly.

Shivaay sat in his car and left. He felt like he had been holding his breath for a long time and now he could finally breathe. He just couldn't understand what was happening to him.

Hey guys I hope you like this chapter

I know some of you expected some action from Annika, but I didn't want them to keep hurting each other just to win. And don't think Annika accepted defeat, she would never. She knows what's on the line here, what she wants. I hope I was able to convey my motive properly.

Please vote and share your views in the comments