20

[Annika - A, Shivaay -S]

At the hotel

S: This is your room, we've managed to get your luggage back from police custody.

Annika hugged him, she was too emotional and exhausted. The last 24 hours had been hell for her. Shivaay kissed her temple and hugged her back and they stayed like that, in each other's embrace, for some time. When she finally let him go, she had tears in her eyes

A: Thank you so much Shivaay. I would still be locked up if not for you, I don't know how I'll ever repay you

S: You can repay me by getting into the shower, freshening up, and eating something. I'll be back in a few minutes. Go change and no more tears okay, I don't like to see you cry.

Shivaay updated his brothers and Chanda about the bail and they ordered something to eat.

Sanket joined them soon in Annika's room.

Sanket: There have been cases of people smuggling drugs in the city so the cops have been checking suspicious people at the airports. But Miss Annika was not a person of interest until they received an anonymous tip. My suggestion to you would be to put in a request for forensic analysis of the package so we can show if Annika's prints are on it or not.

MrKothari: We have already filed for forensic analysis, for prints on the package as well as to confirm if it is actually cocaine or not.

Sanket: Great. You also need footage from the airport, both Delhi and Mumbai to find if anyone tampered with her luggage

S: I have a question

Sanket: Yes Mr. Oberoi

S: Why are you helping us? We don't know each other, we didn't contact you. And from what I have found about you, you only handle high-profile cases. What's in it for you? Are you doing this for money?

Sanket: No Mr. Oberoi. I don't have any ulterior motive and I'm not in it for the money. As you already know I handle high-profile cases, so money is not a motivating factor for me, I have plenty. Miss Annika is a rising entrepreneur, I have heard about her business and I don't think she's guilty. As a lawyer, I feel it's my duty to ensure that no one is wrongfully convicted. And I know you would have eventually come up with everything that I have suggested. But I have certain contacts here that might help her.

A: Sanket, please don't mind. Shivaay was not trying to offend you, we're all just curious.

Sanket: Oh no no, I absolutely understand.

Neil: So, how do we get the footage?

Sanket: I have already called my contact to get footage from Delhi airport.

S: I'll try to get the footage from Mumbai airport

Sanket exchanged his contact details with Shivaay and Annika and left.

S: You should get some rest Annika, it has been a tough night for you. Mr Kothari, let's see about that footage.

Shivaay left her room with the lawyer. Annika and Neil settled on the bed

Neil: How are you feeling now?

A: I feel angry and sad and frustrated. Why is this happening to me? Why do I have such a 2 rupees kismat (fate)?

Neil: Honey, I wish I had any answers for you