9

[Annika - A, Shivaay - S, Rudra - Ru, Gauri - G]

Om: Where were you shivaay? Everyone was asking about you.

S: Guys I'm sorry, I was caught up

Ru: You weren't at the office. Where were you?

Daadi: Did you at least eat something?

S: Yes, I have had dinner

Ru: You could have had dinner with us bhaiyya

S: It was a working dinner Rudra, now stop interrogating me

After Shivaay left, Rudra stopped the other two.

Ru: I asked Khanna to track where bhaiyya was. He was at that girl's house

Om: Friday meeting girl?

Ru: Yes O, I'm telling you something's happening here and bhaiyya is hiding it from us.

Daadi: Whatever's going on, let it happen. Shivaay looks happy-ish.

Ru: Arey daadi, you should have seen him at the office.

The next Friday, Annika came dressed in a sleeveless jumpsuit.

S(in his mind): When she's quiet and not arguing, she's actually quite a catch.

Annika snapped her fingers in front of him

A: Mission control to Shivaay, please come back to earth. So, as I was saying, the store is ready and we're still testing the mobile app so that will take some time to roll out. We have to start marketing the store. I have the app on my phone, you can try it

She gave him her phone. He went through her application. She was getting a lot of notifications while he was testing the app. Her phone rang, caller id "Mr idiot <3 "

S(in his mind): Heart emoji with the caller id, didn't she say she was single?

S: You're getting a call

She saw the caller id

A: You can disconnect that, I'll call him back later. You're more important

S: what?

Shivaay felt a wave of emotions hitting him hard. No one had ever said that to him.

A: I meant, you seeing the app is more important

A(in her mind): Stupid, duffer, idiot girl. Your brain goes on strike when you talk to him. You're more important. Stupid!

S(in his mind): Idiot, stop making assumptions. She just fumbled, she didn't mean YOU, as a person, are more important.

Another notification popped up while he held her phone. "You can pick your order of 30 pastries at 10 am tomorrow".

S(in his mind): Why does she need so many pastries?

Another notification, it was a message from "Mr idiot <3 " - "Honey I'm waiting for you outside the building"