10

[Annika - A, Shivaay - S, Rudra - Ru]

Neil, his girlfriend Sneha, Chanda and a few other friends of Annika had gathered together for Annika's advance birthday party. They cut a cake together and partied all night. Annika was meeting some of them after a really long time.

Since birthdays were not really celebrated at the orphanage, Annika came up with a birthday tradition a few years ago. Ever since she came back to mumbai after college, she would get cake or some other sweets and distribute it among the kids there. She would spend a good part of the day with them.

So her friends planned a party the previous night.

In the morning, she picked up her order of pastries and rode her scooty to the orphanage.

The kids jumped up with glee as they saw her. Some of the older kids knew it was her birthday andthey had made greeting cards for her. She was teaching them how to make roses with paper in the art room when the oberois arrived.

Mrs Chaturvedi: Welcome sir, welcome Ma'am

Rudra: Mrs Chaturvedi, why is it so quiet in the playground today?

Mrs Chaturvedi: most of the kids are in the art room

Om: Come rudy, let's go have a look

Om and Rudra stood outside the room with their jaws dropped

Ru: O, what do you think, bhaiyya informed her about our visit or she's following him?

Ketan: Annika didi, my rose is complete

A: very good ketan, go help raghav now

Om: No rudra, it's something else. The kids look so happy with her and she knows them by name.

Ru: Wow you noticed that, smart O. I'm waiting to see bhaiyya's reaction

Shivaay, daadi and Mrs chaturvedi were taking a stroll in the playground, talking about the new plans that had been implemented.

Mrs Chaturvedi: Mr Oberoi, the girl who prepared the proposal, is here today. I'd like it if you met her. She has done a lot for these kids.

Rudra and Om joined them. They were waiting for the big moment.

Annika took the kids to another room and played music. They started dancing together.

Mrs Chaturvedi pointed towards her.

Mrs Chaturvedi: That's her, Annika

Shivaay, who was busy doing something on his phone, looked up when he heard that name. He turned to see who the warden was pointing towards. There she was, dressed in a nice kurti, her hair tied up in a messy bun that was put together with a pencil instead of a stick, dancing with the kids on a bollywood number.

Om signaled Rudra and daadi to look at him gawking at her.

Om: Mrs chaturvedi, how is Annika connected with the orphanage?

Mrs Chaturvedi: She grew up here

Shivaay gasped, this was new information.