43

[Annika - A, Shivaay - S]

2 months later

Shivaay was driving Annika home, they were coming back from a dinner date.

A: Shivaay

S: Hm

A: Marry me

Shivaay burst out laughing

A: Stop laughing

S: You shouldn't crack such jokes if you don't want me to laugh.

A: A simple 'No' would have sufficed, you know.

S: Sorry for laughing, love. But marriage is just not on the table for me

Annika nodded her head and looked out the window thoughtfully.

S: have you finalized the details for the anniversary party?

A: Yeah, we'll be having a party in the office

Annika was a little upset by Shivaay's reaction but she let it go. She knew it was going to be difficult. She had known all along how Shivaay felt about marriage.

***********

A week later, Annika was at Oberoi mansion, sitting with Shivaay in his room as he worked on his laptop. The two of them were scooped up together.

A: Shivaay, let's get married no

Shivaay was still engrossed in his laptop

S: Annika

A: You know you're hurting my ego now

S: love, you know my stand on marriage then why are we talking about it again. I need to connect with these clients over a call right now.

He got up from the couch, picked up his laptop, kissed Annika on her forehead, and went outside for his call.

A(in her mind): Does he really not want to get married? How do I change his mind? Will I be able to convince him? Do I really want this? What if I push him away because of this?

All these questions were tormenting her mind, she needed some time to think.

She was still lost in thought when Shivaay returned.

S: Come, let's go down for dinner

A: Actually, I just remembered I have to go over some details with Neil regarding our Anniversary sale on the app. I'll go see him right now

S: Are you sure? You can go after dinner

A: No, I need to go now

S(in his mind): She looks tense, her work must be really important. Once she's done with the party, I'll take her somewhere, so we can have a peaceful time together. We haven't been on the same page lately. Why is she bringing up marriage again and again?

Annika drove back home on her champa. She spent that night thinking about Shivaay's reaction to marriage.