48

[Annika - A, Shivaay - S, Gauri - G, Bhavya - B]

The next day, Annika was again at the Oberoi mansion. They were finalizing her jewelry for the outfits.

Sweety: Masi ji (she called daadi her masi since daadi was Pinky's mother-in-law), there are certain rituals that the girl's family needs to do, right? The chooda (wedding bangles worn by punjabi brides and newlyweds) comes from mama's side (mother's brother). Who will get it for Annika? Should we get it?

Jhanvi and Gauri felt awkward, they didn't know how to show their support to Annika. But Annika seemed unaffected

A: Masi ji, don't worry, it's taken care of. Neil's family has already got my chooda. I'm very close with his parents.

Everyone's face lit up

Priyanka: you have such great friends, bhabhi, so lucky

Sweety: That is very lucky. Good, you have such people in your life Annika beta, especially in these times when one can't even rely on their family anymore.

They continued chatting and trying jewelry.

All her outfits, jewelry, and footwear were finally fixed. Her wedding lehenga would be ready in a few days.

Time was passing by so quickly. The mehendi ceremony was in a couple of days and then the wedding but Shivaay was still stuck in London.

Annika was having a hard time. Gauri, Chanda, and Bhavya took her to a spa

A: There's still so much left to do. The wedding date is right here. I still have stuff to pack, and Shivaay is still in London and my lehenga isn't ready.

G: Relax, Annika. You're not alone, we're all working to make your wedding perfect. And I know Shivaay is stuck in London, but he will be back.

Chanda: I've been telling her the same thing for days but she won't stop spiraling.

A: I haven't met the kids in weeks. They'll get so upset

Chanda: I've told Mrs. Chaturvedi about the wedding, no one will be upset

B: bhabhi, we brought you here to relax. Otherwise, you'll have worry lines on your face. We don't want our bride to look old and wrinkly.

G: And Shivaay will kill us all for sure for not looking after you

A: Chanda, did we invite all our friends? Please check the list again.

Chanda: Enough Annika. No more talking. Please give her a facial so she'll finally shut up.

***************

Annika sat alone in her room, thinking about how soon her life was going to change completely. She would no longer be single, she was going to be a wife, a daughter-in-law, a sister-in-law. So many new relationships, new responsibilities and so little time.

Being an orphan, she hadn't given much thought to marriage and a love life growing up. In fact, she hadn't expected to ever get married but when Chanda found Rohit, Annika saw hope for herself, maybe she too could have someone in her life. And now she got it all.

But he wasn't here yet. Day after tomorrow they'll have their mehendi ceremony and the groom wasn't even in the same country. And for the last couple of hours, his phone was switched off.

Annika's doorbell rang and broke her chain of thoughts. She opened the door to see Shivaay holding his ears like a child

S: I'm so so so sorry for being so late. I tried to wrap things up or push them to be sorted after the wedding but it just didn't work out. I know you must be angry and sad because you had to take care of all the wedding preparations without me. And I haven't even selected my outfits yet