49

[Annika - A, Shivaay - S, Rudra - Ru, Gauri - G]

Neither of them could sleep that night.

A(in her mind): Shivaay, why don't you understand? I never meant to hurt you, I want you to be happy and I don't want you to regret anything in the future. I hope in the future your relationship with your dad will get better and when that happens, I don't want you to regret not having him at our wedding. Your mom loved that man the most, it would hurt her so much to see the two most important people in her life like this. I know what he did is unforgivable and I would never ask you to forgive him. I just don't want this hatred to poison your heart, you have so much love and pain inside you, I wish you could see how hating him takes so much of your light away. I just want you to be able to exist alongside him and not feel so angry.

Parallelly, in Shivaay's room

He was sitting on his bed

S(in his mind): How could you do this Annika? How could you hurt me like this? Sometimes I just don't understand you. You know very well how I feel about that man, you know what he did and yet you asked for this. I love my mom so much and I've seen this man destroy her. What he did is unforgivable and I will never forgive him for that, no matter what you say. Everything was going perfectly, why did you have to ruin it? This man has managed to come between me and my happiness all over again. Are we rushing in this relationship? Do we not understand each other enough?

Annika texted him a couple of times

"Can we talk?"

He didn't reply

"Please Shivaay, let me explain"

He left her on read

"I never meant to hurt you. Please talk to me."

Blue ticks but no reply

"I love you"

She hoped he would at least reply to her last text, but he didn't even read it.

Chanda came to Annika's room to check on her and found her crying

Chanda: What happened, Annika? Why are you crying?

A: I'm fine Chanda

Chanda: yeah I can see that. Come on tell me what's wrong

A: It's nothing, I was just thinking about mumma. I'm getting married tomorrow, I wish she could be here

Chanda: I know how that feels, sweetheart. It's okay, she can see you from up there. Don't cry, we don't want to have swollen baggy eyes for the haldi, okay. Let's go to bed.

Annika didn't understand why she couldn't tell Chanda the truth. It felt wrong to share, she felt like this was something they needed to overcome as a couple, without taking help from their friends, after all, they were getting married and they should be able to handle stuff between them. She let Chanda soothe her and they slept together.

The next morning, Oberoi mansion