35

[Annika - A, Shivaay - S, Bhavya - B, Gauri - G]

Shivaay was on his knees on the ground, Annika's face on his lap

S: Annika please open your eyes, what happened. Please wake up

He shook her but nothing happened. Bhavya checked her pulse

B: Bhaiyya her pulse is very weak. Shirke, get the medics right now!

S: Annika please open your eyes, please look at me, talk to me. I can't lose you, Annika, I can't live in this world without you.

B: Bhaiyya, I can't feel her pulse anymore. Shirke, where's the medical team (she screamed)

Shivaay touched his forehead with hers

S: Annika please don't leave me, please, I'm begging you. I can't lose you, I'll die. Please, you have to live.

Two medics came running, one of them attached a pulse checking device on Annika's finger that was connected to a handheld machine.

Medic: Please move aside everyone, we have to resuscitate her heart

The other guy charged the defibrillator and placed the paddles on Annika's chest.

Medic: Clear

Zap! Still no pulse

Medic: increase the charge. Clear

Zap! No change

S: Annika please you can't die. I love you god dammit. I'm in love with you, don't leave me.

Medic: Again

Zap! A faint beeping sound was heard on the machine. Her heart restarted. The medic examined her lungs

Medic: Her airway is blocked, we have to get her to the hospital right now. I don't see any major bleeding besides her face, her left shoulder has to be x rayed.

They placed her on a gurney, her heart beating slowly but steadily.

B: bhaiyya, look at me, snap out of it

Shivaay could not take his eyes off her, bhavya had to literally shake him out of it. Sanket's last words and his smug smile clouded his vision

S: "You won't even know what hit you". He did this to her

B: What did Sanket do? Did he give something to her?

S: No, not in front of me at least. He hit her a lot on her shoulder and he slapped her

B: Okay, I'll go talk to Ranvir, they'll force an answer out of him. Don't worry bhaiyya, Annika will be fine. Let's go to the hospital.

Ranvir and his team beat Sanket black and blue but he wouldn't budge. Shivaay slumped by the wall outside the Operation theater. Doctor's were trying to figure out what poison was given to Annika. Her condition was no better than it was in the warehouse. Her heart was beating poorly and her lungs were struggling to get air.